The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just seen my first supra on eBay with 5k less miles than I sold with 7 years ago

chazuk

What about before they get here ?

If you mean from Japan yea we all know they lose mileage ,but I owned this car for 2years mot'd in the uk it would have a mileage history, so its been clocked in the uk they just throw away the old mot's showing this mileage clock it and sell it on , at least the new style mot shows the last 5 recorded mot mileages

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I doubt this seller knows , I have messaged him though. Its a 19 -20 year old car with 75k on the clock its unrealistic anyway

My Supra was imported in 1998 and I have every single MOT Certificate since 1998. The mileage goes up every year and has only 75,000 miles on the clock at present :)

Sadly though you are correct and the huge majority will have been clocked.

Yea as Listy said earlier on the Dvla web site I could of done it but only chucked all my old paperwork about 3 months ago while having a clear up I had a tax reminder for it which would of had the number , I got a message back saying its showing 114,000km he's worked that out as 78k , I've worked it out as 70,836 miles so its lost around 5k

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Sure you do! Its a know fact that every single imported Supra has less than 100,000 kms on it ;)

You mean like mine and the other Jurgen imports?

In all honesty I have no idea if my mileage is genuine. The car is in exceptional condition and there was a piece of paper that said 91,000Km on it. It could have been a food menu for all I know.

Still, had it iver two years and never had a problem so hay ho...!!

Mine reads 140k on it. The TT engine that now resides in the bay apparently had 40k on it, and was put in at 120k on the odo. So who knows the true mileage. Plus no paperwork from the import, so I don't know how much is km and how much is miles.

All I know is she is well looked after, and runs like a dream :)

Mine had 20k on the clock & the condition on the interior & engine bay confirmed it!!

The exterior wasn't so good as the chap who I brought it for hardly drove it in the 5 years he owned it. Doesn't help that he has so many cars he can't actually remember them all or where his kept them!! His now emigrated to Kuwait where fuel is 19p a litre!!

Mine had 20k on the clock & the condition on the interior & engine bay confirmed it!!

The exterior wasn't so good as the chap who I brought it for hardly drove it in the 5 years he owned it. Doesn't help that he has so many cars he can't actually remember them all or where his kept them!! His now emigrated to Kuwait where fuel is 19p a litre!!

Yeah yours is mint.