The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SP Racing - Torque Monster Kit

Littler

Evening Guys,

As you know I'm gathering parts for my build and in a search for setups with good/early torque curves I came across this kit that got released early last year, not something I'm considering really but curious about what people thought, particularly with the area under the curve and it's with a 6266 turbo (slightly ignoring that it's on E85 and it's US BHP lol)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?681439-Product-Release-SP-Racing-Torque-Monster-Turbo-kit-for-93-98-MKIV-Supra&highlight=6266+6766

Adam

Yeah as above. It does look a nice kit though... Why you considering shopping abroad though?

I'm not dude, not really considering the kit as I've pretty much sorted the route I'm going (ish) just need to spend some cash lol, just was searching for good torque setups and this popped up in the results and seemed interesting :)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Huh so its not that much more potent that V power in the grand scheme of things? The yanks are doing some interesting things with cast manifolds, E85 and high compression:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?683895-6466-made-over-900-RWHP&highlight=cast+manifold

I know its american hp again but even if the dynos are 15% out its still a shed load of power through a 3" exhaust

There are 3 things that would put me off that straight away....

1. The wastegate adaptor flange is very thin for a 2 bolt flange and (IMHO) won't remain leak free for long

2. No flex in wastegate pipe

3. Horrible wastegate pipe re-entry into downpipe

Plus it's all a bit of a gross pseudo chrome finish :D

Whats the actual difference between E85 and say V-power? Higher octane rating?

E85 is a bio fuel with upto 85% ethanol content.

It's available at some pumps but very rare sadly, it requires a complete remap and you need to use about 3rd more fuel to get the same power, if your motor has a flexifuel sensor then you can mix E85 and normal petrol and if setup correctly it should trim fuelling and timing on the fly.