The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU screenshots, is this normal?

Kaan W

Surely if Ryan, the one and only expert of Syvecs, said that oil pressure would be the only cause of a complete engine shut down by Syvecs to protect the engine, then that's it.

Well it must be if the oil was at the minimum mark on the dip stick. I just thought I would post the logs as some people asked for them.

I'm guessing Ryan has seen these?

As is the case with most members, that looks like a pink squiggle, followed by a more aggressive pink squiggle ;)

I emailed Ryan a few weeks back regarding an issue but not had a reply yet which im guessing he is kind of busy at the moment so im not gunno pest him with more stupid problems. An oil leak is something I can fix, once this is done the cars going to Dude for a thorough going over where he can get the car up to scratch and replace any parts that need replacing. All I want is a car that works and not have to worry about taking it out incase something goes wrong, which is the feeling I have had from day one.

That first screen shot is showing (historic) sensor failures - your air charge temp sensor was not behaving as expected at some time, likewise the throttle position sensor.

To see if you had oil pressure trip you need to grab the logs using SData, then view them using SView.

That first screen shot is showing (historic) sensor failures - your air charge temp sensor was not behaving as expected at some time, likewise the throttle position sensor.

To see if you had oil pressure trip you need to grab the logs using SData, then view them using SView.

Ok Tim thanks I will check that out. What would cause the throttle position sensor and air charge temp sensor to fail? I only had the car with Ryan a few weeks ago so he would have picked up on this unless its happened recently.

It can often be nothing more than the plugs were disconnected for a short while while the ECU was powered, or it might be dirty/intermittent connectors. I don't think they are current faults (they show as yellow rather than red).

Come to think of it could the throttle position sensor fault be something to do with my autobox not locking up? I havent disconnected anything while the ecu has been powered so im guessing there dirty?

I'd send ryan the logs and see if be can see what happened.

I've just read the other thread.

Surely if you we're still doing 70 at the roundabout, the steering still shouldn't be assisted at those speeds?

So I wouldn't of thought you'd have noticed any difference in the steering (if it shouldn't be assisted).

I've had it happen a few times in my aristo. Always occurs when pulling out of junctions under a decent amount of throttle for some reason. I've usually put it down to low oil pressure or low fuel pressure caused by me changing direction and pulling away quickly causing fuel or oil surge and the fluids getting away from the pickups.

Run no less than 1/4 tank of fuel and keep a close eye on the levels now and it seems to be helping. Maybe you had the same due to your rate of knots forcing the fluids to the rear, then sudden change to deceleration maybe caused everything to surge forward dropping the pressures and killing the engine for safety.

I've had it happen a few times in my aristo. Always occurs when pulling out of junctions under a decent amount of throttle for some reason. I've usually put it down to low oil pressure or low fuel pressure caused by me changing direction and pulling away quickly causing fuel or oil surge and the fluids getting away from the pickups.

That sounds more like a traction control system getting confused due to a limited slip diff spinning up the inside rear wheel.

That sounds more like a traction control system getting confused due to a limited slip diff spinning up the inside rear wheel.

Agreed. Racelogic used to so this all the time on mine as settings on revs and slip were incorrect for wheel size iirc.

Got no traction control on the aristo. And traction control will remove the throttle's function or back off the power for you momentarily to get traction back. Whats happening to me is the engine just cuts out till the ignition key it turned off and then back on again as if its resetting the ''warning alarms'' on the car and then it fires into life again as if nothing happened.

Just read the other thread mate your crazy and very lucky it was not serious ,even though mine has no leaks syvecs or not i have a spa oil temp and pressure gauge with warnings but before I take the car out unless in a hurry I always check oil and water it's a 17 year old engine running 622hp in my mind its common sense

Just read the other thread mate your crazy and very lucky it was not serious ,even though mine has no leaks syvecs or not i have a spa oil temp and pressure gauge with warnings but before I take the car out unless in a hurry I always check oil and water it's a 17 year old engine running 622hp in my mind its common sense

Lets not get back to this again. It's why the other thread got locked.

Lets keep this one to technical help shall we?

See the basic manual for downloading logs.

As long as the journey back from the roundabout was not to far away then the logs will be present

Manual here for downloading logs

http://www.syvecs.com/forum/download/file.php?id=82&sid=d9b8203842150335bf31c54ac8e1d841

Thanks. It was about 15 minutes from home so I doubt it they will be present.

A new Teflon oil return hose has been fitted and I've topped the car up with oil and all is good now.

Thanks for the replies.