The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil filter good?

jazz1

It doesn't mention what year supra it's for Jazz. I don't know if mk3 uses a different thread size. Also I can't see any part numbers stated,

Your best sending the seller an email to double check.

It doesn't mention what year Supra it's for Jazz. I don't know if the Mk3 uses a different thread size. Also I can't see any part numbers stated.

You're best sending the seller an email to double check.

Forgot to add that the Toyota EPC shows exactly the same part number for the 1/2JZ and 7M oil filters.

Edited by garethr (see edit history)

I've never used HKS filters before, but I liked the K&N one which is only slightly more expensive than the OEM filter but has the added bonus of an integral filter removal nut. Check it out in this free plug! I never found any faults with it... :)

Pretty sure I had a K&N oil filter fitted to mine, I'd go with OEM or K&N Jazz :)

I have just fitted one of those HKS oil filters to supra so far so good, few people have said they leak but no leakage from mine yet only fitted it this morning and went for little drive aswell and still no leaking. Will let you know if it leaks or notice any problems with the HKS oil filter

I have just fitted one of those HKS oil filters to supra so far so good, few people have said they leak but no leakage from mine yet only fitted it this morning and went for little drive aswell and still no leaking. Will let you know if it leaks or notice any problems with the HKS oil filter

Out of curiosity, what made you fit an HKS filter and not a standard Toyota one?

I bought the hks one as thought would be better than standard one mainly, plus do drive my supra hard sometimes and always like to fit uprated or performance parts over standard.

After doing nearly 200,000 miles in mkiv's at full bpu the o/e filter has performed

just fine and i see no point in using anything else, present car has 136,000 on the

clock and the engine is in superb condition internally