The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rookie mistake :(

_Shane_

Right i was looking at fitting a clamp to my wastegate > screamer pipe earlier today but the flange that is around the wastegate would be interfaring with new clamp i was about to fit.

So to fix this problem i said i would open the flange and just rotate it 90 degree which will mean its out of the way etc

Pops open the flange and the wastegate spring shot the roof of the wastegate into the roof, missing my face by inches and slapping of the roof in the garage, talking about a pure and utter rookie mistake :(

Now my problem here is i found the wastegate spring on the floor and the top half of the unit (The purple bit on the floor also after is slapped off the ceiling)

I assume that i am missing the diaghram ya ? :(

Im going back to garage after the match and tearing it apart to find that part

The wastegate im talking about is the hks gt2

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/usa/images_products/2067.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wastegate was put back together, problem was the feed from the intake manifold was keeping the gate open, i removed this feed and took a feed then straight off the turbo piping after the turbo and problem solved, wastegate is now closed upon startup :)