The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a "what's it worth" thread....

Japlover

Well, due to a couple of things happening in my life I might have to get rid of the Supra..... It was up for sale a while ago and it didn't go for what I wanted it to so I kept it. Since then my luck of jobs hasn't been great and I've gone through 2 redundancies so I haven't got the cash needed to fix what's wrong.

The issues are: Needs new clutch. Needs new roof seals (£300 from Toyota) and there's an issue when changing gear above 3k RPM as it hesitates until it's at 3k RPM then all's well again (could be some sort of limp mode?). It's also just ran out of MOT and tax

So my question to you guys is: what's it worth:

* In it's current state?

* With tax and knowing what the issue is with the gear change (the other options are a few hundred quid to fix)

* Fully fixed (this is a remote option)

Here's the spec and some pics:

Engine Specifications:

1UZ-FE 4.0L V8

315BHP, 355lbs of torque

Large PWR Aluminium radiator with Twin SPAL electric fans

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Link G2 ECU

Exhaust:

3" stainless exhaust

Drivetrain:

R154 5 Speed Box

TT6 big case LSD

THOR R154 to 1UZ-FE gearbox adaption kit (upgraded model)

Bespoke single piece propshaft (made by Dave-MAC propshafts, nuneaton)

LSD

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

Rota SVN's copy of the Rays RE30

Full SUPER PRO polyeurethane bushes throughout

TEIN Superstreet coilover suspension (ride height and damper adjustable)

UK Brakes Front And Rear

Interior & ICE:

Thor Stainless steel dials on dash and blue LED dash light conversion

Really don't want to be doing this but when priorities much bigger come along you have to.

I had it up for about that last time Westy, but you're right it's a hard one to call as I know the silver one on here is still for sale so the market for v8 Supras now must be bad lol.

The clutch is from an s202 Celica from speaking to THOR. would be easy to price that up plus the cost of seals. Would also look to get the running issue sorted or at least cost up so that might help reflect the price?

As it is now, £4k. Fixed and taxed, maybe £5.5k.

:yeahthat:

With the gear change trouble and the seals, there is immediate investment required. Add to that the possibility of looming expenditure from the MOT and then of course the cost of the tax on top.

Sorry to hear that you're in such a position. It'd be in your interests financially if you were to remedy some of the above and then sell it on, though this may not be feasible. :(

• 4 weeks later...