The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with my new Supra needed.

Guest WebbeR

First of all hi all i am new to the forums. I recently p/x my Evo 7 Fq 300 for a Supra (reg L269SUB) and some things the previous owner described are not quite adding up. Does anybody know this car, or the owner of the car before the previous owner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The issue is mainly to do with the engine that has been replaced, and what exactly was done to it. There is no evidence of a rebuild/change of engine, but the previous owner said the guy that had the work done was a member of the Supra site. I am from Warrington he was from Otley and the owner before that was from Keswick.

IMAG1011.jpgIMAG1004.jpgIMAG1005.jpg

It looks a beautiful car, the bay looks awesome

It is and thanks. The front splitter sorting as its very low and must of caught a speed bump or something. I just don't want to false advertise it when it comes to selling.

In what way do you mean there is no evidence of an engine rebuild/change? If done properly, there wouldn't be, not without getting inside the engine.

In terms of receipts. I have a massive file of receipts and all mot's etc so why not the engine/rebuild, that's the issue.

In terms of receipts. I have a massive file of receipts and all mot's etc so why not the engine/rebuild, that's the issue.

If the rebuild/transplant was done by a forum member rather than a trader, then there more than likely wont be a receipt.

Often, members will help each other out for a fraction of the cost (sometimes for haribo and bacon sarnies) of a garage.

Try and speak to the previous owner, and see if they have a forum username of the person who did the engine swap/rebuild. That way, if they are still here, then you can get confirmation from the horses mouth.

Remember, however, there is another supra club in the UK, so may not have been from this one, unless it has the club stickers in it ;)

It is and thanks. The front splitter sorting as its very low and must of caught a speed bump or something. I just don't want to false advertise it when it comes to selling.

When it comes to selling?? a few more pics just incase some one knows the car...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-Twin-Turbo-/130854492924?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e77891afc

If it really is running 470 fwhp, which I doubt, upgrade the brakes ASAP.

Check if there is an aftermarket or "piggyback" ECU. It will be under the passenger carpet.

Speaking of which, I decided to check my ecu as seller said it was uprated...

Was greeted with this...

image.jpg

Normal ECU, and No TC unit replaced with something I have no clue ???

When it comes to selling?? a few more pics just incase some one knows the car...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-Twin-Turbo-/130854492924?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e77891afc

Can't fit three children in the back as there is only 2 belts, so it has to go. I now know that the owner that did all the work was called James.

If it really is running 470 fwhp, which I doubt, upgrade the brakes ASAP.

Check if there is an aftermarket or "piggyback" ECU. It will be under the passenger carpet.

My Evo 7 was 345 bhp, the Supra is altogether in another league. You are welcome to come round and i will show you.