The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coloured cam belts & cam gears

Suprash

So, I've seen blue and even a purple cam belt, but does anyone know if you can get a yellow cam belt ?

Also, what about yellow cam gears ?

I've spent about an hour so far searching Google images and cant find anything :(

Is a VVT-i cam belt the same as a non VVT-i belt ?

Yellow cams shouldn't be too much of a problem but the colour of the belt generally depends on manufacturer colours. You would need to find a manufacturer who uses yellow as their "colour". EG HKS is purple, so their belts are purple, gates are blue so their belts are blue... etc.

I was looking into getting a red belt, and while I did manage to find one it was an itchi-fannii make so I decided to just go with tried and tested.

If I'm correct ash, I think VVTI cam belts are different.

Never come across a yellow belt before now but there may be one out there!

Are you correct ? I dunno mate, you tell me :D ???

If you supply a set of aftermarket pulleys i can get them anodised yellow. only seen Blue or purple cam belts and black stock belt obviously

Do they have to be aftermarket pulleys, or could you get stock ones anodised, does it have to be a certain type of metal to be adonised ?

http://www.rainbowprecisionproducts.com/index.html

These guys do yellow belts but whether they do the correct spec or not is the question. You could shoot them an email to see if they can help you out.

Thanks man, I have emailed these guys to see what they say :)