The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's the best sounding air filter you have/had on your supra?

SupraLEDrears

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just remove the air box and put a pair of your mums tights over the hole. Hold it on with an elastic band. Bosh - Job jobbed! :rolleyes:

Even better, remove the stock airbox, send it to me, and in return, you can have a pair of my wife's used stockings to go over the hole :)

Mine sounds pretty damn loud and violent at the minute with the stock filter but I would like something a bit deeper. Any suggestions? Thanks

My suggestion is to retain the stock airbox as it seems to provide the best performance.

I've had a couple of different filters on mine over the course of owning it but have reverted back to the stock airbox (a tight squeeze as I have a FMIC) with a K&N panel filter inside and haven't been happier. :)

I'm sure I have a Max Power tuning guide somewhere, I will dig it out. Loads of handy tips for drilling the airbox, fitting ecotek valves, fitting power magnets and quite an in depth section on electric dump valves and electric superchargers.

A good 15hp to be had from drilling the airbox!

Drilling the airbox?

If thats what you meant i've just googled it too, loads of people are doing it! :blink:

No, i searched for the op's thread title of best sounding air filter, i must be seriously bored.

Think i shall go out and give the supra a run