The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My NA-TT Kit list..Have i missed anything

LOGIE

Howdy,

Im about to start an NA-TT conversion after picking up my engine last saturday from Jurgens. I think I now have all parts needed but thought id ask in case ive missed something..

2JZ-GTE engine complete with all ancillaries and loom (sourced by jurgen)

TT Autobox x2 (spare is always handy)

TT Auto prop x2

TT airbox and No1 air hose (goes from airbox to manifold)

TT Throttle cable

TT Power steering reservoir

TT LSD (plus drive shafts with ABS but i think my NA ones are same part.

TT Igniter pack x2 (I bought a new one whilst waiting for my engine to arrive....which also had one fitted :rolleyes:.

TT Auto engine ECU+ Throttle control ECU

TT 1st Decat (i have 3" 2nd decat already fitted with 3" exhaust)

SMIC and piping.

TT auto dial cluster.

UK hood scoop. complete with snorkel for additional cooling (not necessary but i wanted to)

I with be replacing all sillicone hoses,spark plugs and leads, rad hoses, water pump, oil pump timing belt & tensioner and crank seals. Even though i think the timing belt was done on 14/5/12 at 99,914 KM. (approx 62,000 miles).

The reason im not "sell the NA and buy a TT" as everyone always says, Im doing this as a learning experience and ive grown too fond of my Supra to sell it.

Have i forgotten anything?? Tools aint an issue

Cheers

One thing that is not essential but may be a good shout to check before you install the engine, is to check for play in the engine mounts as the movement in a worn set can cause an annoying knocking. Charcole canister is not totally essential but i still have mine fitted. :)

One thing that is not essential but may be a good shout to check before you install the engine, is to check for play in the engine mounts as the movement in a worn set can cause an annoying knocking. Charcole canister is not totally essential but i still have mine fitted. :)

Engine mounts are sound The engine came with them and still on previous cars subframe. Good shout on charcoal canister..you got one??

Oh and i might change the alternator as my TT engine was originally in a manual car so it has a 90 amp alternator. Auto alternators have 100 amps. Not being anal just "attention to detail" Thats the squaddie side of me.

Are the alternators a straight swap?

stop it, you're making me blush :D.

One thing that I forgot to ask you was, are you going to be changing your Springs and ARB's? its just that the TT variants are stiffer and thicker.

Ive already got stock bilstein struts with TT springs and I will be changing the anti roll bars, I think Ibrar has some freshly powder coated. :) If not keron will have some.

• 3 months later...
Here is something I overlooked I need a TT rad shroud, but do I really need the secondary fan and "Y" shaped mount?

Big edit, thinking of a a different fan...

It's not *needed* but it helps the air con unit. If you still use one on a TT then it's probably best to have it there. It does turn quite a lot of air. The wierd thing is, not all cars I've seen have this, including some (if not all) of the NA's. My car was a TT originally, but it has a big rad and shroud from a TT which has no air con fan... I never managed to figure out why some cars have it and some don't

Big edit, thinking of a a different fan...

It's not *needed* but it helps the air con unit. If you still use one on a TT then it's probably best to have it there. It does turn quite a lot of air. The wierd thing is, not all cars I've seen have this, including some (if not all) of the NA's. My car was a TT originally, but it has a big rad and shroud from a TT which has no air con fan... I never managed to figure out why some cars have it and some don't

Ah right, well I never use the air-con due to it uses too much fuel and drains power, I'll go ahead without fitting it FOR NOW and if one turns up for sale I'll fit it at a later date. Thanks again Homer for the EDIT update. Incidentally what fan were you thinking of?

Ah right, well I never use the air-con due to it uses too much fuel and drains power, I'll go ahead without fitting it FOR NOW and if one turns up for sale I'll fit it at a later date. Thanks again Homer for the EDIT update. Incidentally what fan were you thinking of?

The big hulk of rusty junk fan in front of the radiator that some imports came with. To this day I only saw it on a half dozen Supra's, but have no idea what it's purpose was.