The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The RS*R Supra...

add heywood

What do you guys think of it...? It is the original Ridox car which if I recall got written off being transported in Japan. I was maybe thinking of trying to find a company to recreate the decals in viynl stickers and doing the car. I now have the FULL kit including Pudsey's Varis bonnet and carbon air diverters. What do you guys think...?

IMO things like that are fine for a track car, show car etc but for a road car, not really keen on it.

Don't get me wrong, it looks the nuts, I'm just a big fan of the 'clean' look.

Things like the DragonBall wrap, and similar (for event purposes) is fine in my eyes, but I just don't feel the 'lairy in your face look'.

Saying that, it's your car, and if you like the look, do it :)

Would be awesome to see at shows :thumbs:

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Don't do it, your car is stunning as it is

Although I think it looks great in its own environment I think it will look terrible on the East Lancs in the rain.

:yeahthat:

Your car looks awesome as it is. Track cars look ok with loads of brand decals but road cars just look a bit tacky if given the same treatment. Look at Paul Whiffin's car now he's removed all of the Time Attack graphics, for instance - it looks LOADS better now! :cool:

All just my opinion of course... :)

i was thinking of doing the same to my car with a design but then the problem is "copying" someone elses car

plus you would stand out more, i cant go anywhere without people hassling me wanting to talk about my car and the colour.

usually i wouldnt mind but when its everytime i go out and when you need a quick trip to the shop it ends up taking a while

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

i was thinking of doing the same to my car with a design but then the problem is "copying" someone elses car...

Have we not already "copied" his car with all the kit though...?

If I could find some hi res pictures of all the decals I might try and find a price out...

I understand peoples reservations about stickers on road cars, but I dont own the Supra to "blend in". It is pretty in your face already, and tbh I only tend to go to shows and events and maybe a quick blast on sunny weekends.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good but your car will become a magnet for total assholes.

They will feel quite comfortable with me then lol