The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone in the west midlands area that is handy

scott87

Im looking at modifying a tt inlet manifold to fit my n/a, i havent carried this kind of work out before so would like some assistance if possible :D

Im also looking for someone with a fairly nicely powered na-t (nothing over 450bhp) that could take me for a spin so i can have a real feel of what i am going to be soon getting into.

Im looking at modifying a tt inlet manifold to fit my n/a, i havent carried this kind of work out before so would like some assistance if possible :D

Im also looking for someone with a fairly nicely powered na-t (nothing over 450bhp) that could take me for a spin so i can have a real feel of what i am going to be soon getting into.

You been out in a tt bpu to see what your be missing even more?

I want to mount the tt inlet as it would be on the tt but on my n/a.

The main reasons are whilst its n/a it means i can access the engine easier to make changes or repairs and when it goes na-t i will be able to mount a fmic without having realy long pipes bending all across the engine bay.

Scott save yourself a heartache and do TT conversion. By the time you will finish gathering all stuff for NA-T + cost of mapping it properly, you will have decent TT conversion. I might have 1JZ engine coming out from my Supra soon (i'm going 1UZ way), can do complete conversion for you and you can see engine running.

Scott save yourself a heartache and do TT conversion. By the time you will finish gathering all stuff for NA-T + cost of mapping it properly, you will have decent TT conversion. I might have 1JZ engine coming out from my Supra soon (i'm going 1UZ way), can do complete conversion for you and you can see engine running.

This man knows..!!

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought of his Polish weiner.

Either do a TT conversion or keep the N/A intake. Doing a one off TT style intake to an N/A head will cost a fortune unless you have your own machine shop. The gains will be negligible at modest power levels, the sort high compression, cast, none oil cooled pistons will be happy with! If you are desperate to give yourself wallet and headaches, do a multi throttle valve conversion. Not much harder, infinitely better than even the TT manifold.

It isn't to make gains on the n/a engine as such, its to get the bay ready for na-t. I much prefer how the intercooler plumbing looks with the tt inlet as apposed to the pipes being stretched right across the bay. Do you mean an itb set-up? I looked into that and it was very expensive for very small gains.

A tt conversion was on the cards but price wise it's a world away from going na-t, i also am looking to keep an n/a engine also because they are much cheaper to maintain or replace should something go wrong. Par mapping, which im waiting for a quote back for, the cost of na-t is coming in at nearly 900 less than a low mile tt lump.

i've done alot of mr2 n/a to turbo conversion and they are fairly simple. But i do understand your desire to be different.

anyone got any pictures just for reference for the guy of the stud pattern differences etc of the n/a and tt manifold setups.

I'd personally get a TT after owning mine but trying to help you with information as i'm here to learn as well

Tim

OK, good luck, the maths don't work for me, sorry.

This. A complete TT engine conversion from Keron (iirc) is in the region of £3000-£4000.

A decent NA-t is going to cost at least the same, if not more with decent parts.

Saying that, a few people have had great success with budget parts, but if it goes wrong, you'll be paying a lot more to put it right.

I will ask my wife if she would make this for you. I have a spare NA upper inlet half we can cut the lid off. I also, by some quirk of fate, have a custom front facing inlet for an na in stock for a polish and paint so could use as a template for yours. You will need to buy a throttle body kit and mounting flange. I have a billet 90mm throttle body kit in stock but It might be sold.

Lyndon.