The mkiv Supra Owners Club

spraying engine bay advice

_Shane_

Well im going to tackle spraying my engine bay at the weekend, just looking for some advice on what parts should come out and if there is any particular ones that may give trouble when removing them etc

I know a few of ye on here have done this on your own supra's so im asking if there is anything i should be careful with etc etc

Any advice appreicated :)

Thanks

if it was me mate and it was being done with a spray gun properly then best to move as much as possible.

from what ive read the fuse box can be fitted under the headlight without cutting and extending wires so maybe you can remove it and put it somewhere underneath out of the way untill its been sprayed.

i would remove as much as possible like the charcoal canister can come out and if you want to put it back in you can always re-fit it afterwards.

battery to boot /fusebox relocation/ wiretuck and smoothing not interest you mate?

battery already in boot mate, wire tuck would be good but dont think anyone over here is capable of doing this properly lol

Do you know how easy / hard it would be to remove fuse box or even just give me some slack so i can have it out of the bay while spraying is been done etc

i will be doing this myself soon, just havent had the weather here, the snow has only just cleared up.

i was under the impression the fuse box can be put under the light without extending wires, im sure rob did it with his in his build thread.

ill have a look bud

edit***

link bud

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?236276-Gold-Rush/page57

also link to the charcoal canister delete

http://mkiv.com/tmp/no_charcoal_canister/index.html

So i can just disconnect charcoal cannister and dump it in the bin? what about the hoses connected to it guys

There's 3 pipes,

1, runs around the back of the engine to the turbo pipes, odviously you won't have that 1.

2, is a petrol tank breather, disconnect that and bend it down under the car to vent.

3, is a vacum pipe which runs along the side of the intake manifold and T's into the intake at the front. Disconnect that, at the manifold and join the pipes up.