The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Plasti-Dipping a car.

RobD

Has anyone had this done before? I just wanted to know people's experiences if any and what they thought of it!

For those of you that's baffled by this its basically kind of like a wrap but its spray all over the car ( including glass, head lamps, seals etc) then they peel off the plasti wrap from your windows etc!

Apparently it's suppose to be cheaper than a vinyl wrap and it protects the car more from paint chips etc

Anyone know much about this?

A friend of mine in Switzerland does his own product in pots for compressors. And its fantastic.

The original Plasti dip has quite a rough and tbh crap finish to do a whole car, not to mention you will need a rediculous amount of cans.

If your interested, i can ask my friend on the cost of a 2ltr pot (of which you should be able to do the whole car)

He does any matt colors, recently he did a few new BMW's.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537347_10200201395068546_1273461790_n.jpg

A friend of mine in Switzerland does his own product in pots for compressors. And its fantastic.

The original Plasti dip has quite a rough and tbh crap finish to do a whole car, not to mention you will need a rediculous amount of cans.

If your interested, i can ask my friend on the cost of a 2ltr pot (of which you should be able to do the whole car)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537347_10200201395068546_1273461790_n.jpg

I've got someone who can do it for me as I've been looking into getting a 5-series done in white when I finally get hold of one, just want some input on it really, no where I've looked I can really find customer feedback :(

The company that I've spoken to about it has just started doing it also so it's not like they've seen what the finish/condition is like a year or 2 down the line :)

That blue is lovely, it would look great on a supra

ive used it on smaller stuff.... very good stuff...if you dont like it, you can just peel it off....its very durable too....well worth a try!

Right, think a colour change is in order when she is dropped off to you!! :D

I have seen some video's too and seems to be very easy and simple to apply, perfect I think for having a temp colour or wrap for say an event.

looks awesome what they can do and now you are able to get pearl/gloss/metallic effects looks promising! I would like to see the finish in person though

That front bumper looked naff. A nice bright colour would be cool n the winter months to protect t stock paint, then rip off for summer

Has anyone had this done before? I just wanted to know people's experiences if any and what they thought of it!

For those of you that's baffled by this its basically kind of like a wrap but its spray all over the car ( including glass, head lamps, seals etc) then they peel off the plasti wrap from your windows etc!

Apparently it's suppose to be cheaper than a vinyl wrap and it protects the car more from paint chips etc

Anyone know much about this?

According to the website 411 dollars. Not sure about import duty and stuff like that. Wonder if you can put graphics on top would love to have mine in Gulf colours!

Thats why i just gave the above advice, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Depending on price Rob. I would otherwise get it wrapped!

Price they quoted me for a E60 5 Series was £450 but that's at a heavily discounted price as they want to use it as a demo.

Not bad compared to the £1000 quote for a wrap so I am tempted !

• 1 month later...