The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3.2ltr NA-t :/

FOSTA

Seen this on ebay http://bit.ly/YiaqqK

This is abit of a funny one, in the discription he says its been rebored to 3.2ltr and has been fitted with a HKS headgasket and only running 8psi of boost making 380bhp

I messaged asking what size gasket and he says its a 1.2mm HKS.

Now most NA-t members make that power by just fitting a basic turbo kit running 7-8psi so no need for the extra work to hit the same power.

Somthing Dosnt seem right there :/ I think he's telling porkies to sell the car! :D

Isn't 8psi only around 0.55 bar? As I'm sure 17psi is 1.2bar? So raising the boost to 1.2 bar/ 16psi should see a reasonable increase in power, to around BPU level I would have thought.

Like to know how he thinks a Walbro is £300 though. Either he's full of it, or got royally ripped off.

I spotted this car on ebay,

Obviously no-one can really tell whether it has or hasn't been done without striping the engine (or knowing the car and having proof)

From the outside, it dosn't look like a engine that has had that kind of work done to it.... & the numebrs dont seem to be very supportive of the claim either as has been pointed out.

Unless there was evidence of the work that has taken place, my guess would be its not rebored.. But then i tend to me negative about things :D

b;3599535']I spotted this car on ebay,

Obviously no-one can really tell whether it has or hasn't been done without striping the engine (or knowing the car and having proof)

From the outside, it dosn't look like a engine that has had that kind of work done to it.... & the numebrs dont seem to be very supportive of the claim either as has been pointed out.

Unless there was evidence of the work that has taken place, my guess would be its not rebored.. But then i tend to me negative about things :D

Well one way of looking at it. : Rebored to 3.2ltr - 1.2mm head gasket to lower the compression- = 380bhp @8 psi

Me. Stock 3ltr block- stock 0.3mm headgasket = 372.6bhp @ 6.5psi

:/

Well one way of looking at it. : Rebored to 3.2ltr - 1.2mm head gasket to lower the compression- = 380bhp @8 psi

Me. Stock 3ltr block- stock 0.3mm headgasket = 372.6bhp @ 6.5psi

:/

Exactly.

Would have thought if you had gone through the ££'s to get the block rebored and the larger pistons, and are running a thicker headgasket to allow you to run higher compression, all with the aim of getting some 'assumably' higher than average NA-T bhp figures, you would be running more than 8psi...?

"overbored to 3.2 dune before i got it"

This gangster clearly has issues with engineering let alone his grammer. Quite obviously stock compression hitting 380 on 8psi. A 1.2mm head gasket would never net that on an NA-T with 8psi using T61 turbo (xs assumed).

The spelling and grammar of that advert would put me off straight away, regardless of the car. If someone asking £3.5k for something can't be bothered to proofread the ad for said item, car or otherwise, who knows what else has been skipped? Especially seeing as the thrust of the mention of the 3.2l conversion is that he claims to have done the work himself... :rolleyes: