The mkiv Supra Owners Club

S Wales Japfest convoy

downimpact

Thought i would get the ball rolling on this, as we've had some epic convoys in the last few years. We'll be meeting at J30 Toby carvery circa 6:45 (time tbc) and then go direct to Coombe from the west and beat all the traffic queues from the East ;) Please put your name down so I know who we are waiting for.

1. Downimpact

Jon , i,ll be backing you up all the way . We,ll have a chat bout this at the next meet !!!! As per normal, if Mike comes it,ll be the Three ride again. If Mike,s not up for it we,ll be down to me and thee. As in the past there,s a possibillity of a few boys joining us for the cruise to JF. Cheers John lewysdanny (Tim )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right then. I'll be going along with you guys again :)

As I said, I'll either meet you at the m48 services, or at the roundabout before the bridge, if you (Jon) want to ring me when you are approaching the junction off the m4 onto the m48.

May be able to get a few Bristol members tagging along too :)

Right then. I'll be going along with you guys again :)

As I said, I'll either meet you at the m48 services, or at the roundabout before the bridge, if you (Jon) want to ring me when you are approaching the junction off the m4 onto the m48.

May be able to get a few Bristol members tagging along too :)

Just as we are going down that really long straight onto the m48 no chance ;)

Will plan some times etc.

Lol not there :rolleyes:

As you come off the M4 towards the M48 bridge, you hit a roundabout off the slip road. On the Chepstow exit, there are layby areas all the way up on both sides. I can wait there for you. When you are approaching the slip road, I can pull out, and tag on as you go round the roundabout. We can get some bridge photos then ;)

Lol not there :rolleyes:

As you come off the M4 towards the M48 bridge, you hit a roundabout off the slip road. On the Chepstow exit, there are layby areas all the way up on both sides. I can wait there for you. When you are approaching the slip road, I can pull out, and tag on as you go round the roundabout. We can get some bridge photos then ;)

Hmm not quite sure where you mean, but can go off the m48 round the last roundabout before the bridge, wouldn't it be easier to meet at the services on the other side and save you a bridge cost?

Hey John why dont we just meet Listy at Magor services M4, like last year, as that seemed to work fine !!!

That adds 20 miles onto my trip mate, and I'd have to get up half hour earlier lol

Last year, we were originally going to go across the M48 bridge, but it was closed. Hence why I came to Magor.

Depending on if any other members from Bristol way want to join us, I may just come to Magor. Depends if there will be any other stops on the route.

We'll know closer the time anyway. Just trying to save myself 20 miles ;)

Sounds like a plan. Plus we can spice it up a bit on the micky 4

:D

I won't be waiting for others in Chepstow either this year as far as I know. Amy's supra was written off a month or so ago by a lorry :(

Don't know Luds plans. That was the black one with me last year.

Right then. After speaking to Jon via Pm, I'm guessing we are aiming to hit castle combe for 0800 again?

If so, then these timings should be good from the initial plan last year, before bridge works screwed it up :rolleyes:

Working backwards it's 40 mins from the m48 services to coombe and 20 from j30 to those services.

So my initial proposal is:

meet at 6:35 at the m4 j30 services, leave at 6:50 sharp.

meet at 7:15 at the m48 j1 services, leave at 7:30 sharp.

how's that?

Does that work for you Jon? Tim?

If that sounds ok, I'll forward the times to the south west lot.

Are we going with the Jap Wales lot like we did last year (until we got bored of them lol)

Or by ourselves?

I'll PM Noz with those times then, and he can start a South West convoy thread to get them to M48 services if they still want to meet us there.

If they do, I'll aim to be there for 0700 to meet them.

Looks like the South West guys are going to join us at the M48 services, as I've been asked to sort out their convoy times :rolleyes:

I'm hoping Noz (if not, Robzki) is goin to meet at Exeter, to ensure they leave on time.

At the moment, they will be leaving Exeter at 0530, via a 10 minute stop and pick up at Taunton Deane Services, to get to the M48 services for around 0710.

I'll be there from 0700, in case they are a touch early, and will have contact wit their convoy from around 0600, as that's when I'll be getting out of bed ;)

John, if you sort out Cardiff to the M48 services, to get there for 0715, leave at 0730, arrive Castle Combe for around 0800 like last year.

• 2 weeks later...

This is how I see it now, so you guys know.

Ok then. So here is how it stands now:

Exeter Moto Services - 0530 - 0540

1 - Twisted (Tristan)

2 - Robzki (Rob)

3 - Stickygecko (Chris)

4 - Brett21 (Brett)

Tiverton Services - 0600 - 0610

1- Noz

Severn View Services (M48 W) - 0715

1- listy

2- DownImpact

3- LewysDanny