The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Under car clean and Underseal / Protection?

Leem21

Hi all,

Supra its getting a bit tired underneath, After seeing some of the members cars on the forms there under car looks immaculate, im from the SE part of the country around Colchester way.

Where could I go to get the under car all cleaned up and surface rust removed with a full Underseal or Waxoyle which ever is better? If there is such a place.

Thanks guys :)

JM Imports will do it for a price or with a little hard work do it yourself with a Jack and a few stands.

I have tried the jacking up method myself and it is such a b*ll ache , best way is have the Waxoyl sprayed on via a compressor and that way it penetrates everywhere . Warm the Waxoyl to room temp and it sprays out no problem but move quickly as it thickens as it cools .

JM Imports did mine! Proper job too as car is immaculate underneath!

What was involved when JmImports did yours? Full jet wash or steam clean under the car, then the application?

I suppose I could travel up there, would it be done within the day?

we can do it here but Fresh imports are a lot easier to do as there is virtually no rust at all..

do to a UK car or car been in UK a while its a lot more work (we can do it but may take 2 days or so and will cost easy more aswell) it will also never be 100% as rust is already there.

with the JDM fresh import cars your working on a really clean base and its easy to do and treat and then top it up every 2-3 years..