The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP - How not to jump start a Supra battery! Electrical problems.

Sheefa

Right,

I am a fool. So the Supra has been sitting there in the garage for 8 weeks or so and is totally flat, no charge in battery.

Went to jump start the car today, all was fine connected up the leads and the alarm starting going off etc so power was good. I then jumped in the other car and turned off ignition and disconnected the leads on the Supra battery.

Decided it was best to leave it running for a while in locked garage so reconnected the supra jump leads (however most stupidly the wrong way round as wasn't paying attention) and proceeded to jump start from my BMW. Low and behold nothing. Went to check battery leads and realised I was a total Pratt.

Now nothing seems to work in the Supra. The only lights that come on are the door open light and the Apexi Air Flow controller I have installed - nothing else has come on or will come on. Tried jump starting again the right way round and again totally flat and no alarm etc, only the aforementioned lights come on. I have check main fuses in engine bay and all look fine.

Help please! Have I destroyed the battery, alternator, maybe even the ECU?!

Greg

Just replace the blown ones dude, you will need to get some from a breaker like keron, try the igniter first after you replace the fuses.

Thanks mate. Will give that a shot next weekend.

Is this what I need if its the igniter pack?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZ80A-MK4-igniter-ignitar-coil-89621-86010-/310297509906?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483f2c4012

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Check the big 120 amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box, it has a clear plastic window

in the top of it so you can see the actual fuse.

If this is blown which i bet it is you have to unbolt it from underneath the fuse box

Thanks Dunk. Will give that a whirl tomorrow. Do only breaker yards have them like Keron or does anyone know if you can buy them new?

I have done this on a supra and all that blew was the large fuse, everything else was fine

I bought mine new from Toyota but i'd think Keron

could unbolt you one off a breaker, should be no need

for anything else if its gone the same way mine went

Guest Dannyboy

My brother did this on his GTI-R wrecked his apexi power FC ECU and he had to rewire Half the engine bay as it melted half the wired in there but the fuses were all good