The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Discontinued parts for the Supra ?

Sharpie

What parts are now discontinued for the Supra ?

I recently wanted to buy 2 x seatbelt anchors but, was told that they are now discontinued.

Part Number 73230-14500-C0

Shown on the attached as 73230 & 73240

I thought Manufacturers had to supply parts for cars 10yrs after the end of production = 2yrs left for the UK spec and 8yrs for the J-spec ?

seatbelt.jpg

I'm going to take one of the anchors off my car and test fit it on something like a new celica...or other new models.

If it fits, and the anchor fitting looks similar then, I might try that.

It can't be right that if you break one, you have to write the car off :eek:

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

I thought Manufacturers had to supply parts for cars 10yrs after the end of production = 2yrs left for the UK spec and 8yrs for the J-spec ? [/b]

we`ve got press tools at work we have to keep for 10 years for that very reason.the fact we`ve left them outside for all that time may cause a problem.

toyota would have to buy the steel,find the press tool and it`s just to much hassel for them :mad:

I know it's a part that is not called for very often but, I have ordered a part that has never been ordered before in the UK (via any dealership - Toyota UK) for my car with only a 6 week lead time or so from Japan.

You would think that the anchor would not be Supra specific and be a cross car component with other models to keep costs down ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thats handy to know Peter, cheers. May get some of these for our ever growing seat collection.

Your seats went into Keiths supe this weekend - looks lovely, mine looks even better with its black leathers in at last!! Although I don't think the winter/summer seat is going to work in practise!!! :D