The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A help please

scott87

Right i've exhausted everything i can think of now but my supra has a small problem (Or problem beginning to happen). The last few days it has taken longer to start, whether the engine be hot, cold wet or dry. It will start but turns over longer than it should do, or has been doing since ive had it.

The dizzy, rotor, leads, plugs have all been changed, so have the lambda sensors and a full service. It has also had 2 moments where it has spluttered a little, or been hesitant when putting power down. Im beginning to think this is more likely a fuel issue rather than ignition. The car has covered a little over 100,000miles. Would i be right in thinking that the fuel filter could be the culprit?

Also completely unrelated i need a set of electric folding mirrors, in red, are these rare/hard to come by?

Mine was like this when I got it.. It was hesitant and struggled to idle/start etc so I bought new iridium plugs,HT Leads,Rotor arm,Dizzy Cap, Fuel Filter and the little black box igniter or whatever it is that the HT master lead plugs onto located on the drivers side but I think what cured it in the end was removing the cam covers cleaning the spark plug wells and that area in general of all contaminents and fitting new cam gaskets to stop oil weeping into the plug wells been fine since.

Hi mate, your problem lies with the stock old worn out NA coil!

Change that and you will be running 100%

Give Keron a call and ask him for one of a car with the least amont of miles! It will be the best £30 you have ever spent! :)

I agree with Jamie. My NA was doing this too and that's exactly what it was.

Keron got one sent to me in less than 24 hrs and it only takes minutes to change over yourself :)

I'm very confident it's the old NA coil!

It's happened to loads of people, mine was exactly as Scott is discribing!

I only worked out what mine was when I went NA-t as the extra boost made it more noticeable and I changed everything untill I came to the coil! And booooom problem solved :D

Most members don't even know there coil is on its way out untill the go NA-t as the coil struggles to keep up with the extra load. After mine was changed it starts up with a slight turn if the key!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Jamie. My NA was doing this too and that's exactly what it was.

Keron got one sent to me in less than 24 hrs and it only takes minutes to change over yourself :)

Yeah that ^^^^^ :D

spot on thanks everyone :-D I shall get one of those ordered. Come to think of it i have had a slightly rough idle too!

I didnt even think of the coil :blink: I was working the wrong way back to other components.

Just out of interest has anyone had a quote for a new ignitor from toyota?

Edited by scott87 (see edit history)

Ive had it on for over a year its been fine as far as coils go haha they are heavy little things though for what they are but I never paid postage as I just went in

All the screws had rusted up on the old one though and it was a pain in the ass to swap over

Ive had it on for over a year its been fine as far as coils go haha they are heavy little things though for what they are but I never paid postage as I just went in

All the screws had rusted up on the old one though and it was a pain in the ass to swap over

True but still double what i reckon it would cost to send. I think ill save on petrol getting it delivered though!

All I can say is I have always had service Items etc from that place and its all served its purpose as intended I got a set of discs and 2 refurbed MR2 calipers last year aswell and they still work as should I really cant see you having any issue with their products just they dont have toyota stamped on

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts_info.asp?id=2980&cat=89&sub=1354&sec=1563&var=35&dc=y&gen=&searchKey=

I got this one It works as it should I get all my service Items for both my MR2 Turbo and N/A Supra from this company as its just down the road

My girlfriends mother got loads of parts from them for her legacy, they were spot on really helpful with the differences between the uk/import models as hers is the uk version and well over half price compared too a subaru dealer

• 4 weeks later...