The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member wanting to say hello

Guest Razza123

Guest Razza123

This is my first post, wanting to say hello to fellow supra lovers. I have always loved the supra an now have a few no claims and hit 25 might be able to afford to run one haha. I dont have a supra yet but i am in the market got myself 5k together and im after a manual TT will post pics when i finally get my baby.

Thanks Ryan

Guest Razza123

Cheers fellas,

Was searching for any Mot failures but doesnt seem to be many around, searching in the usual places ebay, gumtree, pistonheads. Will try get a some more money stashed away an see whats about in a few months.

what prices would i be looking at for TT6?

Cheers fellas,

Was searching for any Mot failures but doesnt seem to be many around, searching in the usual places ebay, gumtree, pistonheads. Will try get a some more money stashed away an see whats about in a few months.

what prices would i be looking at for TT6?

Really depends what condition your looking for. An mot failure could indicate its not been looked after well then youd end up spending the money on it fixing it whereas you could've bought one that was in good nic and running well.

Guest Razza123

Was thinking along the line of quick sale Head gasket failure save the money that way an do the labour myself.

I see where your coming from so if i was after a less than 100k miles, mechanically sound manual what would i be looking at spending roughly?

Only reason i ask is i see prices on the likes of pistonheads and paul brown, just after something to compare so i dont get ripped off.

Was thinking along the line of quick sale Head gasket failure save the money that way an do the labour myself.

I see where your coming from so if i was after a less than 100k miles, mechanically sound manual what would i be looking at spending roughly?

Only reason i ask is i see prices on the likes of pistonheads and paul brown, just after something to compare so i dont get ripped off.

I would steer clear of head gasket failures personally, these cars really shouldn't blow the head unless its been run incorrectly, in my personal opinion.

If you have a look through the for sale section, past and present adverts you'll get a good idea of prices.

im sure someone will be along shortly to advise where and where not to buy from! ;)

Guest Razza123

Appreciate the help, lot of good stuff on here, was just considering it as an option but as u say may cost more in the long run or worse be scrap.

Will have a read through some of the feeds.

Appreciate the help, lot of good stuff on here, was just considering it as an option but as u say may cost more in the long run or worse be scrap.

Will have a read through some of the feeds.

One way you could consider if you wanted to keep cost down would be to buy a very good n/a rolling shell for peanuts and drop in a good tt engine conversion (around 2.5k). Just thought id suggest it, although it will never be worth the same as a tt being a conversion.

I see where your coming from so if i was after a less than 100k miles, mechanically sound manual what would i be looking at spending roughly? Only reason i ask is i see prices on the likes of pistonheads and paul brown, just after something to compare so i dont get ripped off.

Depends on what you after really as this would vary in price, if I was looking for a TT6 I'd be looking between the £9-10k mark for a nice example.

Do remember the TT6's gearboxes are worth over £3k alone which holds up the price.

Also do not dis-count the auto's one of the best boxes I have ever driven and that is coming from someone who current has a 6 speed.

Guest Razza123

Ive driven autos before and wasnt too keen on them, might have a test drive in one see what i think. Just think the auto takes the fun out of driving.

could always get the auto version an convert it, but not sure on the work that is needed for that or the money.