The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tein Super Street Coilovers?

RB-GTE

There is a good chance my Supra will never see the track,

I just use it as a street daily driven car, also I like to go on some twisty roads in the warmer months (so handling/corning is quite important as well)

My current coilover setup that came with my Supra is a track setup (solid as a brick). And I will be swapping it out for something less harsh.

So with those things aside, based on my budget and purpose of my Supra, I'm thinking the Tein SS coilovers are the best bet?

They have 14kg spring up front and 8kg rear. To me the most important is good dampening which Tein seems to be good with. So I can just switch between soft/hard depending what I'll be doing with the car.

Anyone here have experience with the Tein SS? cheers!

Edited by RB-GTE (see edit history)

If your not on a track put stock on. They ride far better and more comfortably. And you will save a packet too!

I wouldn't go that far of a downgrade. The body roll on stock suspension and height is not for me.

I do want coilovers for sure. I'm just trying to see what my options are.

One of mate's in the United States can give me a big discount on Megan Racing LP coilovers. The springs rates aren't affected by ride height, and have 32 way dampening. Apparantly they ride even smoother than stock but aggressive around corners. I can get these for less compared to Tein SS.

But Tein is more of a recognized brand.

If your using it on the road, a stock setup made for the road isn't a downgrade. It's the ideal setup.

Iv had a couple of different coilovers setups. None have been any good or near the stock in terms of ride comfort for the road. Closest were hsd's on softest settings. But all of them made putting power down difficult on our shitty bumpy roads. My hks setup was worse. Might as well not have been any springs.

I have trd ARB's on my car. And with stock springs and dampers (not even stock bilsteins) they are fine.

Ask CW on his opinion. He knows about things more than most

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

I've had tein ss Coilovers before, and have BC racing Coilovers now. By far the BC are better. More comfortable, feel sturdier, just a nicer drive IMO.

Megan Racing isn't exactly an "unknown" brand, as is rather popular, especially in the states.

I've had tein ss Coilovers before, and have BC racing Coilovers now. By far the BC are better. More comfortable, feel sturdier, just a nicer drive IMO.

Megan Racing isn't exactly an "unknown" brand, as is rather popular, especially in the states.

Based on reviews I have been reading, it leads me to believe that the BC would be similar to the Megan series.

I have decided to just skip the Tein's. I'll just decide the both of those and order this week :)

Guest Veilsidedan

I have the teins on my mr2 and they are an awesome kit especially when you add the electronic damping force control unit like I have then at the touch of a button you can have it really soft for daily driving then go to nice and firm for country lane hounding. Not sure where ur based but my tuner is a bc dealer and his fully fitted price is cheaper than buying the suspension from eBay. Hes in Middlesbrough. Thanks.

What is your budget dude? A lot of people recommend the stock blisteins as a good compromise, but if iirc they aren't height adjustable. I have the tien ss coilovers, don't like them and am currently buying the bits needed for putting together a blistein coilover setup, the americans have been raving about them and its spiked my interest :)