The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wrapping the supra

TT Paul

which colour  

43 members have voted

1. 1. which colour

not a bad idea if its done properly , as you can always go back , took a wrap off an M3 last year it was silver , the wrap was white , condition of the silver was excellent owner was chuffed as hed bought it with the wrap on .

3 solid days to get it off and machine the silver.

heres me half way through

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

You get what you pay for.

My mate had his GTR done on the cheep only to find when he removed it they had cut through the original paint with the knife.

It's actually in the court stages as we speak

Yes, getting a car wrapped properly is not dissimilar to being mugged.

"If you give me ALL your money, not just some of it, I promise I won't cut you."

Wrapped my car last year in matt black, couldnt bring myself to pay £1.2K+ for someone else to do it so did it myself. Spent about £100 on bubble free wrap and learnt how to do it. Once you get the hang of it it's really not hard. The first panels I did are not anywhere as good as the later ones, but its ok and a huge improvement on the diy spray job. Now I know whats involved and how to do it, I intend to do it again when the weather improves. Ok seems a bit bonkers doing it twice in two years, but on the other hand I have learnt how to do it and it hasnt cost me much. The supra is a hard car to wrap as you need a join, I joined mine down the rear pillars, but next time I intend to use (waste) more and put the join down each of the creases in the roof. One of my mates saw mine ans asked if I could do the roof and bonnet on his Civic and that was as easy as comapared to the curves of the Supra.

Guest Dannyboy

I was thinking about getting mine wrapped or spraying it with this "plasti dip" stuff that my brother found apparently there are a few people raving about it on Driftworks...

Wrapped my car last year in matt black, couldnt bring myself to pay £1.2K+ for someone else to do it so did it myself. Spent about £100 on bubble free wrap and learnt how to do it. Once you get the hang of it it's really not hard. The first panels I did are not anywhere as good as the later ones, but its ok and a huge improvement on the diy spray job. Now I know whats involved and how to do it, I intend to do it again when the weather improves. Ok seems a bit bonkers doing it twice in two years, but on the other hand I have learnt how to do it and it hasnt cost me much. The supra is a hard car to wrap as you need a join, I joined mine down the rear pillars, but next time I intend to use (waste) more and put the join down each of the creases in the roof. One of my mates saw mine ans asked if I could do the roof and bonnet on his Civic and that was as easy as comapared to the curves of the Supra.

Iv been thinking about doing mine in copper like the Titan car. Might ask for your help :p

I was thinking about getting mine wrapped or spraying it with this "plasti dip" stuff that my brother found apparently there are a few people raving about it on Driftworks...
My son has been raving about this stuff. There was a thread about on here some time ago started by Guigsy I think.....and as if by magic >

Iv been thinking about doing mine in copper like the Titan car. Might ask for your help :p

No problem, just let me know. You have seen mine I think since I wrapped it I think. I have only tried the stuff with the lines on the back though to help get the air out, I understand the stuff without these lines is a lot harder to get right.

• 2 weeks later...

Wrapping can look good if done properly imo, only downside is it can pull paint off the body work in places if ever you remove it. Me and my brother have wrapped hes civic once before and were now in the middle of doing it again as he wernt happy with the outcome the first time. Both times it has taken us a total of 20 hours to complete. Here's some pics

1st time -

Now -

whats the cost off getting a supra wrapping done is it the same costing of a paint job, or not. I have seen a two GTR'S wrapped and look very good untill you look at the bonnets with the heat build up. it was all no good and coming of looked very bad . So I would have thought with a single turbo supra I would think it would not last , or would it .