The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flys NA-T - Getting there.

Fly

Hi guys well thought I would start a progress thread though I was hampered this weekend with having to build my carport/garage extension. So this weekend has mainly concentrated on ripping out the dash and wrapping in 2/2 carbon fiber. The reason for this was tha my car had a airly boring facelift dash and secondly had Ben fitted with the factory fit wood effect which had left lots of sticky rubbery stuff.

Here's the progress :-

Should get the rest cut back this week and re fitted and with the added room of my carport I can start stripping the bumper and headlights off .

Not a lot of progress but getting there!

Edited by Fly (see edit history)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it's been a little slow as I have been waiting on parts etc. so the dash is about finished, not bad but the top section needs re skinning as you can see te folds in areas.

I intend to install my boost and far gauge below the stereo where the lower din used to be

And a few parts came today so fingers crossed I will attack the sump and get that tapped for the drain line

So parts list is

T61 turbo , have k27 as a back up

Manifold

Down pipe

50mm waste gate

Bov - should be ssqv bov so sending t back

Screamer pipe

Oil feed line - oil return kit on the way

Walbro 255 fuel pump

440cc injectors and resistor box

Intercooler and pipe work - was for a tt so needs modifying

Greedy profec b boost controller

10 row oil cooler - still need a plumping/relocation kit and sandwich plate

Polished intake pipe

Boost gauge.

Innovate wideband afr gauge and sensor

Gaskets and fittings plus various other tiny bits

Emangae ultimate....well we will see, I ordered this a week ago from someone breaking their car on piston heads and has of yet not arrived so I may be out of pocket here and searching for another.

Will obviously grab more parts along the way

I got one made up 10an fittings and made my own bottom flange

Think if I remember I've got

1x oil line around 450mm long with a 45' bend on the female end (check your length yourself as I can't measure as my car is to far away)

1x male to male 45' bend

1x standard 10an turbo flange

I bought a male to male joiner and cut one side off, made up a plate to fit over the hole on the sump and drilled 3 holes 2 for the bolts and one for oil line and got the joiner welded on

Each manifold is different and getting the oil line to fit between the turbo outlet (hot side) and bend before the manifold is tricky but persistence is key ;)

Hope this helps bud

Great choice in afr gauge, the innovate range is top quality

Yea read some great reviews on it seems that it is truly wideband and the data logging software looks great. Once I get underway I intend to replace the stock O2 sensors with the wb and bridge the ecu pins to read from the one gauge :)

Small update to the build, yesterday between chasing the dog around the garden having stolen my tools and the misses dragging me to look at antique stuff I manage to remove the air box and intake, undertray, front bumper, lights, fan shroud and got her jacked up ready to get the sump out.

This also arrived today :-image

However, this may have been a miscommunication from my end but e harnesses/extension lead for the map sensor to emu was not included so I must now source one of these, is this just a lead that I can knock up with connectors from maplins or does it have to be an actual greddy one? Either way I though 300 for the lot wasn't a bad buy.

Hopefully I should be ale to get the sump off, drilled and refitted today.

• 2 weeks later...

So today was spent mounting up the turbo which meant stripping down the turbo to mount the exhaust hosing to the manifold, typical xs power kit, I couldn't get the bolt in next to the exhaust turbine outer so had to grab a short m10 bolt. Still waiting on my dizzy cap and intercooler mounts, I'm hoping I should be done in three weeks. I gave up on Saturday as I was getting annoyed with my lack of progress, yes it does not make sense but if you've had enough then it's just not worth doing anything. My one piece of advice at the minute is if you do it's then, 1 buy a separate engine to work on, 2 have a big garage .