The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi All

Guest kris.s

It is a big expense to go single turbo (well, it is if you actually do it properly!). Especially if you start with a non turbo as a base car - the gearbox will struggle to cope with the levels of power and torque.

It is all preference at the end of the day and the way in which expenditure happens is down to you. A lot of people recommend buying a Twin Turbo 6 speed to start with if bigger power is your end goal. However, that may not always be feasible. For example, I have a NA-TT 5 speed manual. It was what I could afford at the time of purchase. I could always go 6 speed now and then single it later if it came to it, though I couldn't afford a ready done single or TT6 when I decided to buy. Nothing wrong with that - I've loved my time with the car in it's current guise and don't regret my choice in the slightest. :)

Good luck finding something :D

It is a big expense to go single turbo (well, it is if you actually do it properly!). Especially if you start with a non turbo as a base car - the gearbox will struggle to cope with the levels of power and torque.

It is all preference at the end of the day and the way in which expenditure happens is down to you. A lot of people recommend buying a Twin Turbo 6 speed to start with if bigger power is your end goal. However, that may not always be feasible. For example, I have a NA-TT 5 speed manual. It was what I could afford at the time of purchase. I could always go 6 speed now and then single it later if it came to it, though I couldn't afford a ready done single or TT6 when I decided to buy. Nothing wrong with that - I've loved my time with the car in it's current guise and don't regret my choice in the slightest. :)

Good luck finding something :D

This!

and welcome :D

also dont rule out the auto box! there are good auto TTs selling for a lower price and its an underestimated option IMO. i used to doubt the auto till i drove one!

3K will should get a 5sp manual N/A. As others said, going NA-T is a big expense. I almost took this route. i now have a gorgeous TT!

I know it's hard to wait, but if you can hold out, you should get a decent auto TT for 5-6K.

- - - Updated - - -

PS a BIG welcome!!!!!