The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone fancy doing the VSS on my car?

JasonR24

Ok so i need this doing as i dont want to drive about a smokey car lol the Valve stem seals need doing on my car and the garage i have it at the moment dont have the tools to do it without taking the head off and itll cost a fortune. i was wondering if anyone has the tools and experience, which i dont ,to do the job :) i have the new seals so thats not a worry just need a price on labour :D

thanks!

It's a very good job to do on your own if you are competent. There is only really one special tool, and that's the snapon valve seat remover. The other bit of kit you need, for pulling off the old seals, is about £5 on ebay.

Doing it with the head off is even better, but a much bigger job if you are doing it on your own without a lift or anything.

It's a very good job to do on your own if you are competent. There is only really one special tool, and that's the snapon valve seat remover. The other bit of kit you need, for pulling off the old seals, is about £5 on ebay.

Doing it with the head off is even better, but a much bigger job if you are doing it on your own without a lift or anything.

dont think id be able to do it, plus id need the car so if i cant do it in a day or if i mess it up then im stuffed lol.

Sorry i only just remebered the PM you sent when i saw the title lol.. :D I havn't got the tool to do them i am affraid, luckily the last owner did them for me... :D Hows the car going?

No worries mate :D cheers for getting back to me! Mine should be done this month going over on Thursday to see the engine progress :)