The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra not so horny

mplavery

Ever since I have had my Supra (J spec) the horn ..well..... Sounds a bit pants.... A bit embarrassing really for a aggressive car

I'm guessing all the J spec are like it ...

So has anyone upgraded there horn ? And I'm not talking Air horns or horns that sound like a 1950's car either lol

I have the front bumper off at the mo and maybe thinking of getting a UK horn which I'm hoping will sound better ... Or something which will be a simple plug in

Yea but does that not finish on some aggressive horn pushing after the abuse ??

If I don't that then pushed my horn, think the other guy would just laugh his face off lol

No if i get anything back, I tend to stop the car and start getting out :D there's something about a big guy with a Mohawk and tattoo's jumping out a car looking pi$$ed :D

New, I'd probably go for a pair of Hella or PIAA horns. Cheaper versions are available.

Used - down the scrappy for BMW or Mercedes Hellas. They should be marked high/low, or in hertz. Take some cable and you can check that they work before you leave.

Not sure if the standard wiring uses a relay, but it wouldn't hurt to use another one.

EDIT:

http://cat.hella.com/hella-nafta/jsp/search/advanced/Frameset_ButtonBar_Bottom.jsp?nologin=yes&selectedObject=CS@Hella-USA@CT@F04

http://www.piaa.co.uk/lamps/lampshow.asp?ID=horn

Edited by garethr (see edit history)

Oh deary me. You know there are two horns of slightly different notes to make the sound "fuller"? And it still sounds weedy. Well, one of mine has some sort of dodgy connection somewhere and if I lean on the horn it quavers in and out, making the whole affair sound even more pathetic.

It wouldn't be so bad except mumble mumble codemasters recorded it for Grid 2 sorry sorry

Edit - Find attached my humiliation of the Supra world :D

Horn.zip

Edited by Ian C (see edit history)

Oh deary me. You know there are two horns of slightly different notes to make the sound "fuller"? And it still sounds weedy. Well, one of mine has some sort of dodgy connection somewhere and if I lean on the horn it quavers in and out, making the whole affair sound even more pathetic.

It wouldn't be so bad except mumble mumble codemasters recorded it for Grid 2 sorry sorry

Edit - Find attached my humiliation of the Supra world :D

LMAO

Brilliant !!!

Your right you normally have a high and low but on mine i can only see one unit which seems a bit to small for a twin tone horn