The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Took the Supra out today and gave it a blowout, then got pulled over

DodgyRog

Well as we had loads of rain last night to clean the salt off the roads and a lovely sunny day today to dry them out, I decided to take the Supra for a little run to clear out the winter cobwebs

It's the 1st time I have been able to really open it up since going TT BPU before Xmas and was enjoying the madness

I was coming out of a local village 20 mph speed limit onto a nice straight road with national speed limit

I had a few cars a decent distance behind me, but I had nothing in front as far as the eye could see or coming the other way

So I slowed down to a crawl in 1st and let rip, I still have not got round to sorting the Rev Counter mod, so I hit the Rev limiter in 1st and 2nd, not badly, but enough for a couple of bangs

Anyway, I only went up to sensible speed in 3rd and then backed off again, as I was coming to the next built up area , so I back right off the power and start to cruise again

All of a sudden I see a newish Mondeo coming up behind me at quite a pace considering the 30 mph speed limit, the car ends up behind me and they are flashing there lights and waving me over

So I pull over, as I assume there is a problem with my car by the way they are waving and pointing at the rear of the car

They pull up behind me as I get out and the Guy and his Girlfriend (assumption) in unison say the back of your car was on fire when you accelerated out of the last village

They said it in a totally panicked way, but after a chat and the normal questions I am sure we all get, we worked out it was just flames from the exhaust while hitting the rev limiter

The guy and I would guess his other half were a really nice couple and we had a chat for a good 15 mins, but he just could not get his head round the flames bit:D

Totally made my evening so thought I would share lmao:eyebrows:

I have to admit, I was a bit worried at first thinking that something was hanging off or fallen off, as it's the first real abuse it's had in a long time

but it really made me smile when I realised what they pulled me over for, they were both in there late 30's I would of thought and quite well to do

Sorry for the heading, but it has to be done lol

What happened Graham have i missed something?

Nothing exciting just stupidly may of been doing 40 in a 30 past a van.... hopefully just a ANPR one...... followed by something similar in my dad's car towards a stationary cop car although I think he was just writing something down (probably my registration)

• 2 weeks later...
Rog, you're an arse. Thought you'd got done for a minute.

I know I have a lovely bottom, but I like to think of myself as more than just a sexy body

Ha ha! Awesome. I love "non-car peoples'" reactions to the Supra! :clap:

I always get "What is it ?", as I don't have any badges on mine

Great thread Rog!! :D

I was expecting the police were 'pulling you over' - That was awfully nice of them :)

We need to make sure we get these flames on video during Dragonball ;)

Really liked this post :thumbs: need a video of this :D

If we ever get some half decent weather on a Sunday and Jen isn't working, I plan to do a little Video update for my YouTube, but that could be a while off yet