The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling top end Supra's

Kaan W

Im just curious as these cars inparticular have been for sale for quite some time now and its obvious that to build either car would cost 4 times what there up for yet no one has grabbed them yet. Why is this?

Would it be that such a high spec car would have things wrong with it and need rebuilding or parts replaced every so often that puts people off? What would a car like this be like for street driving? Maybe there track cars and thats it :shrug:

Do they not belong to anyone on here?

I know the ex Envy car has been mentioned here before but dont know about the other one.

Here anyway -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UKs-Fastest-full-weight-Toyota-Supra-Proven-1000BHP-9-second-car-/200881893377?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2ec57e7001

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-6-speed-Brian-crower-3-4-stroker-T88-38GK-1000bhp-spec-/200885947827?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2ec5bc4db3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow didn't realise they were both two villages over from me! I'm sure a bloke from Brentwood bought the ex Envy car, then had a bad accident and couldn't drive it anymore? 25k is a lot of money for a supra, they are both right up there with the most powerful in the country, but im not sure the market is there for 18 year old jap cars, even if they are making 1000hp

wow didn't realise they were both two villages over from me! I'm sure a bloke from Brentwood bought the ex Envy car, then had a bad accident and couldn't drive it anymore? 25k is a lot of money for a supra, they are both right up there with the most powerful in the country, but im not sure the market is there for 18 year old jap cars, even if they are making 1000hp

I think they are excellent priced considering what you get.

unless you are mad into supra's why would you when you can get tuned 911 turbos, m3 v8s etc for the same price but with more prestige. The recession has caused all these other more popular cars to plumet in price

imho

Porches and M3s! Lol not my cup of tea im affraid.

Both are overpriced.

The ex Envy car is always going to have issues selling, just because of its association with Envy. Regardless of how well it may actually be built.

Neither car are tasteful either. The interior of the Envy car looks horrible, and the other looks half finished. A flocked dash and some carbon fibre would do the GT300s interior some good.

Both are overpriced.

The ex Envy car is always going to have issues selling, just because of its association with Envy. Regardless of how well it may actually be built.

Neither car are tasteful either. The interior of the Envy car looks horrible, and the other looks half finished. A flocked dash and some carbon fibre would do the GT300s interior some good.

I think cosmetics are the least of someones worries when buying a car with that many high end parts been put into it. A flocked dash and some interior parts cost nothing if someone can afford this kind of car.

Geo sold hes car for a decent amount and im not knocking the car btw it was very nicely built but the 2 cars in the links have alot more in them and are not that much more expensive than what Geo got. The fact is whether they are over priced or not is just your opinion. I dont like porches so 50p would be overpriced for me, but thats my opinion.

unless you are mad into supra's why would you when you can get tuned 911 turbos, m3 v8s etc for the same price but with more prestige. The recession has caused all these other more popular cars to plumet in price

imho

Are you seriously comparing a measly V8 M3 to a 1000bhp car? :blink:

An at £25k you'd be looking at a half decent stock 996 911 Turbo, not a fully tuned one.

An just to put things in perspective you can just about buy a poverty spec BMW 316 for £25k!

The thing is the market for these type of car is small, these are private sale cars for decent money. A lot of people who spend these sort of money tend to do a fiance through the dealership & not have £25k sitting at home. Also this is not a sports or performance car so you can't just compare it to a 300bhp 'sports car' - We are talking about cars which race bikes, quicker than a Veyron with the ability to kill you type of cars. Your typical David Smith won't be looking at these as he wants something which can take him to the hairdressers in a jiffy, without spoiling his hair. Conscious that his friends won't think he is doing well in his £30k a year job he spends £25k of it on a car which he drives if he can afford the fuel in it.

:D

An at £25k you'd be looking at a half decent stock 996 911 Turbo, not a fully tuned one.

An just to put things in perspective you can just about buy a poverty spec BMW 316 for £25k!

The thing is the market for these type of car is small, these are private sale cars for decent money. A lot of people who spend these sort of money tend to do a fiance through the dealership & not have £25k sitting at home. Also this is not a sports or performance car so you can't just compare it to a 300bhp 'sports car' - We are talking about cars which race bikes, quicker than a Veyron with the ability to kill you type of cars. Your typical David Smith won't be looking at these as he wants something which can take him to the hairdressers in a jiffy, without spoiling his hair. Conscious that his friends won't think he is doing well in his £30k a year job he spends £25k of it on a car which he drives if he can afford the fuel in it.

Agreed!

I wouldnt accept anything lower than £25k for mine, with the twins on it will then be worth more in parts, as people wont pay the price i would want as a CAR!

A BPU would kill a M3 and not many cars on the roads will beat a single turbo supra, unless its a supercar but even then it will be close.

Totally agree with this Rob, there's always people wanting to buy supras, and us as owners determain the price. If we're desperate to sell an let the car go for pennies it's a knock on effect. The way I see it is, there's always someone out there who will love your car enough to pay what you want for it, you just have to hold out. When I was considering selling mine last year, Jurgen advised me to put it up for 33k. When I do eventually sell, it will go up for big money and I'll hold out until I get what I want for it, or as close as damn it.

not talking about power blah blah blah Im talking about popularity and a supra at that price will struggle all day long to sell due to the more sought after cars coming down in price. If its just down to power then there are plenty of gtr skylines with similar bhp priced better.

not talking about power blah blah blah Im talking about popularity and a supra at that price will struggle all day long to sell due to the more sought after cars coming down in price. If its just down to power then there are plenty of gtr skylines with similar bhp priced better.

It will struggle if you compare it to the more mundane cars which have a mass market, they just aren't in the same field.

A bit like wondering why it would take longer for a 1981 Pontiac to sell here in the UK.

Link to 1000bhp GTR Skyline under £25k please... ;)

It will struggle if you compare it to the more mundane cars which have a mass market, they just aren't in the same field.

A bit like wondering why it would take longer for a 1981 Pontiac to sell here in the UK.

Link to 1000bhp GTR Skyline under £25k please... ;)

none left, they all sold ;)