The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The usual thread ahead of ownership :D

mk1its

Hello all

Like finally deciding where to go for your holiday, seeing that woman that you know is meant for you and that house that would suit you perfectly, it's time to go back to Supra ownership.

Me, 35yrs old, cars, all sports from XR2, XR3, RS Turbo's, Rover 220 Coupe Turbos etc etc all the way through to 300ZX Z32 TT (450bhp), Supra N/A, MR2 Turbo (bloody crazy cars when modded) and now running my own business, house, and a family to feed, priorities changed, so I'm now in possession of a weekend car that is a 2004 Black WRX Impreza with its 3rd engine since I've owned it! Long story, but the changes I've made to have improved reliability.

I've always admired the Supra. Out of all the 90's Jap cars, only it and the RX7 survived the ageing process IMO; the Subaru is about the sound and the 0-60, it not nice just tootling around, and it gives us 16-18mpg at the best of times. So, here's my thinking, why not get a car that we can actually cruise in (Supra/Zed), has the potential for decent power (Supra/Zed), has a bullet-proof engine (within reason(Supra/Zed), but has also survived the aging process and still look damn sexy (Supra).

We like the Z33 but it's a 2 seater, no good for 2.4 children, and we cannot afford an R35 yet so we think the Supra will bridge the gap beautifully.

The only thing that I would say having been a Supra owner, is that the dashboard is a little dated, or was on our 1994 N/A model. Are the newer models any different? Whats the latest Supra TT model that we are likely to find in the UK?

A debate I'm having with myself, is whether I could put up with an automatic car. After 2 years of ownership of a Auto TT Zed, I converted it myself to manual. It was a ballache, but well worth the effort. From reading some of the posts on here, the auto to manual conversion seems a little more involving!

Anyway, hello, and nice to meet you all.....:D And I've attached a piccy of my old Supra....just in case someone recognises it!

DSCF0917.jpg

The only thing that I would say having been a Supra owner, is that the dashboard is a little dated...

Hold on, you saying this looks better? :D

Supra interior is one of the main reasons I brought a Supra, granted it doesn't look as modern but can be easily fixed. :)

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1459/p1010216redimensionner.jpg

lol well that Supra dash looks great, is that a standard steering wheel?

Let me find the pic of my dash on the 94....lol...and yeah, the Scooby dash is nothing to shout about! :D

Nope, think it is off an IS220 but still looks nice.

Think that one has too many dials but just to give you an example with some proper LED's how much nicer it looks. I have an double DIN HU in mine and it makes a huge difference.

Not sure you can really see it from here; but it did look pants.... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Shite, wheres it gone lol? Hang on...

No wonder it looks dated! You can't even see it that's how dated it is! :D

Here:[GRIN][/GRIN]

Are you limited on piccy size when you subscribe too? lol I have to keep shrinking them from 2.1MB.... :(

That dash could have been easily sorted, just needs a few things to liven it up.

I tend to put them onto photobucket and then copy the link over.