The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 Boffins Wanted

Guest derHulk

Guest derHulk

Hi guys,

Briefly mentioned this in my intro-thread and am hoping to squeeze out some further information here.

I'll be in the market for a nice manual N/A come March with a budget of around £4K. As I'm slightly obsessed with V8s, my plan is to get a 1UZFE swap done at some point in the future. I also want to lighten the car quite a bit with the 'dream' end result being a V8 Supra with a fair touch of 911 GT3 RS.

Keeping this in mind, could anyone of you experts give me some advise on what to best look for as a base for such a project? :help:

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Guest derHulk

straightsix's looks like a lovely car but sadly aerotops really don't rock my boat.

hardtop, manual and ideally black or white are pretty high on my wishlist :)

Guest derHulk
RobD on here was talking about putting his car back together and selling it the other day mate, Its white and will be a manual again, may be worth a PM to see if he's made a decision on what he's doing with it
Thanks. I'll send him a PM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Old thread, a SZR is the best base for what you want IMO factory bilstein suspension and a manual box with LSD make it an ideal choice. with your budget you might even get a facelift 6 speed in there. (SZR are also lightweight in option spec)

My SZR with with 1uzfe and charger still only weighs 1350kg on the weighbridge, with a lexan rear screen, bucket seats and whatever you chose to save weight with your vision will be realised.

1300 is pretty easy to achieve

1250 will cost but bring you into early GT3RS power to weight territory

Old thread, a SZR is the best base for what you want IMO factory bilstein suspension and a manual box with LSD make it an ideal choice. with your budget you might even get a facelift 6 speed in there. (SZR are also lightweight in option spec)

My SZR with with 1uzfe and charger still only weighs 1350kg on the weighbridge, with a lexan rear screen, bucket seats and whatever you chose to save weight with your vision will be realised.

1300 is pretty easy to achieve

1250 will cost but bring you into early GT3RS power to weight territory

Sounds like a nice Sup, any pics?

just a quick :bump: to see if anyone else has anything to add to this topic :help:

Make sure when you're sourcing a 1UZ-FE you get one from something like a Soarer/SC400. The ones in the LS400 have a different shape sump and doesn't fit in the supra.