The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t management question.

Fly

Hi guys. Right I'm looking for some management for my na-t build. Basically I am looking at piggy ack and either emanage blue or ultimate, I understand that ultimate is the latest but If I am looking at a max figure f 550 bhp is the older unit still upto it or is the ultimate just a better option. I looked at the aem fic but I would need a fic 8 for the na and s a bit more expensive in comparrison .

Thanks

Emanage is fine for stock NA-T setup. Anything over BPU power and standalone always has more benefit. The higher you go the harder it will be anyway with the compression issue.

Setups can be done with Emanage, but if you spend money, just to have to re-spend on the same item because you want more power, just start off with the ECU you want in the first place. I'd do it differently if I had the chance. I didn't know I'd get a decent job at the time so bought what I could afford. Now I'm hungry for more I've got to buy and sell bits.

If you think theres 1% chance your want more power, then go standalone.

BUT saying that, turbo on a budget; can't beat Emanage. Depends what you want. In the op's case, 550, I think should go with standalone. Just my opinion though.

Emanage is fine for stock NA-T setup. Anything over BPU power and standalone always has more benefit. The higher you go the harder it will be anyway with the compression issue.

Setups can be done with Emanage, but if you spend money, just to have to re-spend on the same item because you want more power, just start off with the ECU you want in the first place. I'd do it differently if I had the chance. I didn't know I'd get a decent job at the time so bought what I could afford. Now I'm hungry for more I've got to buy and sell bits.

If you think theres 1% chance your want more power, then go standalone.

BUT saying that, turbo on a budget; can't beat Emanage. Depends what you want. In the op's case, 550, I think should go with standalone. Just my opinion though.

So when are you selling me your EMU then :hug:

Did you get the v-band clamp I sent you?

The trouble with NA to Turbo is the stock ECU has no idea what positive pressure is, so airflow fudging alone is no good. The E-Manages overcome this by providing their own MAP sensor, so you use airflow signal fudging to run the engine off-boost with bigger injectors, then use the additional injector duty abilities to add in fuel as you go into positive boost. The E-manage blue is perfectly capable of doing this, and as a bonus it can control ignition timing through a distributor as well. It doesn't have any adjustment maps for intake temps, coolant temps, etc. though, so things can be a bit rough and ready at cold start and idle, especially if you've got wider cams installed as well. Also I wouldn't use an EMB if you're going more than about 65% bigger than stock injectors, as it runs out of adjustment range.

The EMU will cheerfully go much higher on injector size and has a truckload of extra adjustment maps for fuel and ignition timing depending on coolant, air temps, road speed etc.. It can also raise the rev limit. I've been running an EMU and around 600bhp for more years than I care to count now and it's been peachy, and in my opinion the EMU unit is capable of handling a much bigger setup than mine. I'd only chop it in to go Syvecs. I always wonder what the back story is behind people saying it's no good for 'big power' ;)

Cheers for the advice guys, like I said I was looking at aem fic, not a standalone but after a lot of reading realised it can't work with the na kv intake system. I will continue to look for an emu , the blue is quite cheap in comparison and that's why I asked but like you all say may as well do it properly.

Cheers for the advice guys, like I said I was looking at aem fic, not a standalone but after a lot of reading realised it can't work with the na kv intake system. I will continue to look for an emu , the blue is quite cheap in comparison and that's why I asked but like you all say may as well do it properly.

i have the fic on my TT -T67 , took me a long time to get right but alot of it was down to firm ware i done a good threrad with info on the fic and its issues, but ANY AEM stuff is not that great IMHO

this may help

http://www.mkiv.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?258004-single-turbo-with-a-aem-fic-information-thread&p=3415990#post3415990

thanks dude. My issue with the FIC was purely because the FIC 6 does not support a frequency based signal that the NA gives from the karman vortex. I think the TT overcomes this as it has a hotwire MAF sensor that is voltage based.

thanks dude. My issue with the FIC was purely because the FIC 6 does not support a frequency based signal that the NA gives from the karman vortex. I think the TT overcomes this as it has a hotwire MAF sensor that is voltage based.

owh i see bullfrogg0?

my jspec doesnt have a maf just a map sensor , but alot of club na-t boyz use the fic? i thought capable to do somthing with the vvti dont know what though check there mate