The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flys new addition

Fly

Hi guys . Well I finally got my hands on a supra . She's a white sz-r six speed. Some of you will probably have seen the car before as it was sabrinas car then SPG-26 . A nice solid car and for an na quite spritely. The nur spec r exhaust has a nice tone but does drove you a little mad on the mororway. The weather has been pretty pants here today so haven't had chance to wash and detail as of yet. Fingers crossed this week the main addition of my na-t build should arrive and I will bug you all with pictures various.but for now just a few quick ones from the drive.

Edit: can't seem to upload pics from my phone

Well it seems tt's go for singles eventually so I am skipping the middle man and going na-t. One thing I am not sure on us what colour to go with white, the idea will be to powder coat the intake plenum and can covers just not sure what colour :/

Well it seems tt's go for singles eventually so I am skipping the middle man and going na-t. One thing I am not sure on us what colour to go with white, the idea will be to powder coat the intake plenum and can covers just not sure what colour :/

You'd be able to make a TT engine into a more powerful one than the N/A lump as it does have its limits whereas the TT lump is much stronger, I also believe there is a lot more involved in NA-T build than most people believe, essentially what I'm saying is...please stick a TT lump in it :D

You'd be able to make a TT engine into a more powerful one than the N/A lump as it does have its limits whereas the TT lump is much stronger

The TT lump isn't "much stronger" dude.. the block is the same as the TT, bar the oil squirters as are the crankshaft & rods... the 'limitations' of the NA-T is the compression. If you are wanting more boost from the engine, then this can be resolved by switching out the NA pistons & head gasket with the counterparts.

Depends whether or not Fly wants to make up the engine himself as you tend to do with the NA-T route, or just buy & drop in an engine as you do with a TT transplant then do that up..

Edited by d-_-b (see edit history)

You'd be able to make a TT engine into a more powerful one than the N/A lump as it does have its limits whereas the TT lump is much stronger, I also believe there is a lot more involved in NA-T build than most people believe, essentially what I'm saying is...please stick a TT lump in it :D

TT block is the same as NA block. There are NA blocks and TT blocks running 1000bhp +

Just by sticking a turbo manifold and turbo on with correct fueling you pritty much hit bpu level on a NA engine :)

Thank guys, today was spent changing all the brake pads and attempting to get it in my garage which is tight!! I think ived one plenty of research on the na-t route but initially the compression is staying stock which limits me to c.400 bhp which for a first dab is plenty, once I have the summer with her at this power then ile push 550. I understand why people would suggest a plug and play tt transplant but that's not me I like seeing what I can build. Fingers crossed over the next few days all my parts should arrive but first I must go to maplins to build my resistor box :))