The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The car is sick again!

CJ

Once again, the car is sick and bad! :(

After the problems with the Aeromotive FPR packing in and subsequent spark plug disintegration and the further problems of trying to get the e-manage mapped properly, I have now (in all probablity) done an exhaust valve in!

That has now probably put the stop on the planned jaunt (and 1/4 mile attack) at the drift/drag event on the 21st. :(

All in all, this is not a happy time for me and the Tangomobile

unfortunately a by product of producing more power is more heat and stress- its gonna go wrong :( , I have already budgeted for this in my mind so as I dont feel so pi---d off when it happens.

I cant understand the US owners who claim they have an 700 hp

daily driver! -arse

The 21 is still a pissabolity if you have the budget for it CJ , i can get the car back up and running in a week with uprated exhaust valves , but you would have to ask Adam very nicely to borrow his and get some more UPS'd over .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by darren j adams

Hi CJ

What happened?

What symtoms?

Bad luck.

D.

Gave the car a bit of welly then it stared missing. The miss is right across the rev range and I also have a noise from the exhaust that sounds as if it has blown and it is popping.

I changed the plugs but it is still the same. :(

I think my earlier assessment that I got away with it when the Aeromotive FPR packed in and plug number 6 went kaputt may have been a little premature eh? :(

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by CJ

I think my earlier assessment that I got away with it when the Aeromotive FPR packed in and plug number 6 went kaputt may have been a little premature eh? :(

How so mate, was a long time back.

The car has been on another Dyno since, & done how many miles?

Originally posted by Terry S

How so mate, was a long time back.

The car has been on another Dyno since, & done how many miles?

It has been on one dyno and done about 500 miles. But, as someone else pointed out, could the disintegrating plug not have caused a small amount of damage that has gotten worse when put under more load and then culminated in this happening?

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by CJ

It has been on one dyno and done about 500 miles. But, as someone else pointed out, could the disintegrating plug not have caused a small amount of damage that has gotten worse when put under more load and then culminated in this happening?

I very much doubt it. I also have to say that I tested the FPR and it worked perfectly.

Has the map been changed significantly recently??

I very much doubt it. I also have to say that I tested the FPR and it worked perfectly.

Has the map been changed significantly recently??

The only changes to the map have been to what Matt H talked me through on Friday.

Did you say that my old Aermotive was working ok? That is very strange eh? I had Matt (oxford) look at it when i had problems and it was definitely not working then :conf:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by CJ

The only changes to the map have been to what Matt H talked me through on Friday.

Did you say that my old Aermotive was working ok? That is very strange eh? I had Matt (oxford) look at it when i had problems and it was definitely not working then :conf:

Yeah it worked a OK.

Matt said you were gonna attempt altering the map yourself. However, he also told me you got a full disclaimer over the phone ;)

Yeah it worked a OK.

Matt said you were gonna attempt altering the map yourself. However, he also told me you got a full disclaimer over the phone ;)

Alter it myself? :eek: I can barely turn the thing on! Yes, he did issue a disclaimer but, as I said to him at the time, his advice could not be any worse than that which I had gotten previously! :mad:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by CJ

Alter it myself? :eek: I can barely turn the thing on! Yes, he did issue a disclaimer but, as I said to him at the time, his advice could not be any worse than that which I had gotten previously! :mad:

Explain mate, really interested in this:eek:

Explain mate, really interested in this:eek:

I will soon Tel. But dont want to say anything just yet in case it jeopordises any court case that may have to be instigated to recover my money! :mad: