The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra, what should I do?! :(

RobD

This has been playing on my mind for a month or so now, what with going into business with my mate and looking at getting a demo car for that, it'll be ages until I can afford to single my supra, it's just sitting under my car port ( where's its been sat since August!) just doing nothing and its breaking my heart!

My thoughts ATM is to get rid to be honest but I really don't have the time nor have I got it in me to break this supra as its my baby! Even though its part stripped as it is its still at a stage where it can get back on the road for say £1000!

It's missing headlights, front bumper, front indicators, 5 speed conversion including diff and shafts, radiator, exhaust and air intake ATM!

So my predicament is, do I get the bits to put it back on the road, then sell?

Sell as is?

Or strip it :(

Pic of it ATM!

It's got full cream leathers, carbon dipped dash door handles etc, 19" alloys, ridox side skirts and spats with carbon trim etc

I'm no way needing the cash or the space, it's more the fact I just don't want it to sit there for a year or 2 with the interior going mouldy etc :(

- - - Updated - - -

How much would you be thinking of selling it for matey? Could be interested in it depending on price and bits, shall PM you when I'm home from work tonight :)

I honestly don't know what it would be with ATM bud :(

I'm no way needing the cash or the space, it's more the fact I just don't want it to sit there for a year or 2 with the interior going mouldy etc :(

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't know what it would be with ATM bud :(

Bloody hell that was a quick reply! Ok matey no worries, can talk about it more later, although I would say you would probably regret selling it tbh.

i got a nice gearbox you could drop into it ;) haha and the rest of the parts :p.

I haven't got the cash ATM to spend on it until the end of February, I don't fancy stripping it tbh as I still need to get rid of the UK shell at my mates unit :(

- - - Updated - - -

Bloody hell that was a quick reply! Ok matey no worries, can talk about it more later, although I would say you would probably regret selling it tbh.

I think so to but I've got so much going on right now even if it was only the road I probably wouldn't use it much :(

End of Feb is only 4 weeks away mate! Sell it now and you'll regret it like hell in 4 weeks when you've got some funds.

Wait a little longer - 4 weeks will fly by.

I wouldn't be able to get everything brought at the end of the month, I know ill regret it either way to be honest but I just can't have it sitting here doing nothing :(

I haven't got the cash ATM to spend on it until the end of February, I don't fancy stripping it tbh as I still need to get rid of the UK shell at my mates unit :(

- - - Updated - - -

I think so to but I've got so much going on right now even if it was only the road I probably wouldn't use it much :(

That sucks mate :( I know how you feel though, I suppose the best way you can look at it is sell it now perhaps and buy another one when you've got more time on your hands perhaps :)

Can't you use it as a demo car with an aftermarket ecu? Wouldn't you be able to do something with that?

Also there's no worries about the interior going mouldy! There's a car for it to go into ;)

The remapping me and Jon are doing flashes the stock ECU, supra is to old to do it to, it's more aimed at diesels mainly also with DPF and EGR deletes/bypasses etc :)