The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aftermarket ecu's

listy

Will be looking to get an aftermarket stand alone ecu end of this year.

Obviously Syvecs, Mines and HKS FCON V Pro are the golden ecu's, but I don't think my funds will stretch to them.

What are the other recommended ecu's? Looking for one that will also counter fuel cut, (do all ecu's do this?)

I will be going single at some point, looking for 550-600bhp, currently BPU, so would like to future proof.

Also thinking of getting RLTC. Any others (bar Syvecs) that are recommended?

I have searched for this, but no joy.

Good points and bad points of ecu's would help too :)

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Best thing you can do is save longer and it will save you money in the long run, I know the syvecs is alot but it comes with all features that soon add up on other units, but most important of all you need your mapper to pick as if you get a ecu they dont know it will cost you soooooo much extra in mapping trust me I know,!!

I know it's going to sound tough but if you can't afford an ECU you really can't afford to go single properly IMO

I'm not going single yet, just picking up parts as and when they come along.

It's not that I can't afford an ecu, just one like a Syvecs will be a bit out of my reach for a while. When you factor in the Syvecs itself, then the sensors, and all the gubbins that go with it, it adds up to a hefty bill.

Oh, and it would go to Ryan to be mapped ;)

Hence looking for a good aftermarket stand alone ecu, that doesn't come with the same price tag.

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Delay the build a month or two and get the right parts. Trust me, it's worth it.

As I said, I'm just gathering parts bit by bit, and the ecu will be for running BPU first. I'm just looking for a mappable standalone ecu, that can be used for a single, (when I get that far) for future proofing. A Syvecs will be there eventually.

You might, if you are brave, look at an Adaptronic. http://adaptronic.com.au/forum/index.php At least one very knowledgeable forum member is using one on a VVti. If I am frank, I would have to say if you can't run to at least a Syvecs I wouldn't start the project, the cost of the ecu will be incidental in the whole picture. You could run it on a DTA ecu, but they are pretty low end and support isn't brilliant, but they are very cheap.