The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just wondering what this is for

ashbuster

ahh nice one, just wondered because the catch tank had a filter on top so i thought it vents from there.

if you were to add a catch tank to the cam covers you would just tap the covers and lead the hoses to the catch tank and then cap where they originally go to dont you bud?

As far as I understand it, yes. Plumbing the catch tank back into the intake raises the intake air temperature and allows a fine mist of oil back into the turbo, all of which lowers your fuel octane rating, meaning badness. :thumbdown:

I'm by no means an expert in this, by the way, I'm passing on the words of wisdom that I received when I plumbed my own catch tank in a similar way to the one above. I think it's technically a requirement of the MOT to have the breather recirculating, but (again, as was pointed out to me) it's highly unlikely that your average Mr MOT Tester would have the first clue what he was looking at if he popped the bonnet and was presented with that sort of engine bay! :D