The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange dyno result. (Video added)

Kaan W

Ive just had my car mapped today after having the titan box and torque converter fitted but it has lead to some problems. Im not 100 percent sure myself but Ryan said manu mode and overdrive wernt working on the dyno which he said caused alot of torque converter slip and could not get the power through the box. He said instead of it kicking down to 3rd it kept going into 4th and was more of a top speed run than anything or something.

With the stock box at 1.6 bar it was making 586bhp.

And todays result with the uprated box and 1.8bar of boost making less :shrug:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

b;3585527']Guess if it was knocking up into 4th and not staying in 3rd then would the car not get up to full chat & so the dyno reading be lower?

Im not sure tbh i'll have to email him and ask exactly what the problem was as im not too bright on the subject. He said it might be worth asking titan if theres 2 different box's for uk and j specs meaning the electrics woudlnt function as it should.

Very weird mate. Not a good result, i was hoping you would get over 600 easy on that titan box

It is wierd mate im gutted really. I might have to ask someone to look at the gearbox and tell me if its functioning properly. He said it should lock up once the pressure builds but it just wernt having any of it. On t

Yea I'd take it to Titan and have a moan! hopefully you get it sorted mate!

I will ask...

Did you stick with the stock torque converter ? If so that's your problem . It looks like is on its way out . Usually when you upgrade the box you need a new torque converter usuall a 3200 high stall

No its a titan 3800 tc also, apparently it has to lock up at higher rpm

I cut mine out the loom from working completely but i can still shift 1-2...

If I'm thinking right, yours would still kick down into first when you put your foot to the floor (assuming you are at the right speed) if you select 2nd rather than 2nd being locked in?