The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie and soon to be an owner !

Guest Rossco2012

Guest Rossco2012

Hello to everyone !

Im looking to buy myself a Supra after years of being a 4x4 man decided i need more excitment and the supra seems to be the way fwd ! have a few questions if you dont mind , im looking for preferably a manual , body kit , 94-96 , twin turbo or non will do , dont want heavily mods ...........yet and have about 5k to spend

Questions (please excuse my ignorance)

Firstly is 5k enough to get a good one ?

Whats the rough mpg i can expect ? ...............have a Mitsubishi delica at the mo which basicly needs a tanker towed behind !!! so not too bothered

Now I said manual but is there much difference between that and an auto .....apart from the normal ! ie better fuel , speed etc

Been looking at a website `Pual brown ' are they any good ?

Parts !!! are parts easy to come by and a decent price ?

Many thanks in advanced

Rossco

Paul brown doesn't have a very good rep on here. "Paul" doesnt seem to exist and there sales people come accross as a holes fromvwhat iv seen.

My uk spec auto is for sale for 5.5k which is about 3-4k less than what pb would charge for a similar car.

The auto is a great box. It's no slower and changes are smooth, quick and predictable. It was years ahead of its time and the best auto box iv ever driven. It goes when you ask it to and the kick down combined with the 2nd turbo in a bpu car realy throws you back in your seat. The 6 speed manual is a bit agricultural but the 5 speed on the non turbo is lovely.

Mpg you can get 23-26 if your sensible. But that's hard :p

Guest Rossco2012

Many thanks ....... was thinkin manual to start with cause it would be easier to sell where i stay (Isle of Lewis) .... want to try one for a year ish then sell on and buy a better one !!! so best to avoid Paul then !!!

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks ....... was thinkin manual to start with cause it would be easier to sell where i stay (Isle of Lewis) .... want to try one for a year ish then sell on and buy a better one !!! so best to avoid Paul then !!!

You wont get a TT manual for 5k but will get a decent Auto TT. For 5k you would get a nice N/A manual.