The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Bay Cleaning

Slam

As i have seen in other post,be carefull around the spark plugs....why...because it runs like a bag of poo,as i found out when someone close to me done the cleaning as me & wile e fitted front & rear brace's. Think brov might have a pick to add. Can anyone say if the remaining water that might be in 3 & 4 plug will be a problem with frezzing temp down here tonight/

Your have no problems bro

Just don't get her to pour water over the engine again filling the plug holes up lol

Don't know how well it will show up but water was to the top of the plugs

I think she was wanting the n/a grow into a v8 :D

I've had to dry mine out before, I managed to combine a hoover and the nozzle off a fuel can. I taped the nozzle off the fuel can (perfect fit into the spark plug well and over the spark plug) to the end of the hoover and sucked all the water out! Worked perfectly :D

:rlol: thats very true there rich lol just made laugh lol.

Any sign of water in there will lead to a misfire, it needs to be totally dry

Even if it runs alright on start up, as soon as the block gets hot it will start to misfire again

As Buster said get an airline if poss and blow most of it out and then a heat gun to dry the last bit

Good luck and do it for longer than you think you need with the heat gun, you don't want to have to take the TB off all over again