The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bye bye NA - Hello BOOST!

Benjy

Well, as my user name sorta suggests, I've got an SZ-R which you all know is an NA.

Today, I trekked up to see James (TheTurtlesHead) and collected a 2JZ-GTE engine to transplant in. Seeing as I've already got a 6 speed box and spent a lot of money getting her to look as I want her to, I figured it'd be cheaper to do it this way. Until I spoke to Dude the other day. Who is a REALLY bad influence. Anyways, this engine is currently in about 1000 pieces, but most of the important stuff is there.

So far, I've got -

TT block with squirters, main caps, crank, a set of balanced rods, sump and pick up etc, UK cylinder head with valves/buckets/shims etc, J spec cams, an entire inlet side, an entire twin turbo set up, coil packs, loom....

So there will no doubt a few "Wanted" threads for the few bits and pieces I'm missing, and a T4 sort of sized turbo, possibly, hopefully :think: Possibly a "for sale" thread for the turbo's :eyebrows: if I do decide to go big single and also a few "bling" updates on here! :D

I'm hoping to have this running by the summer and get some shows in!

Bodywise, she'll be getting a bit of love as she's been through the wars a little. But will hopefully have some body shop photo's in the mean time!! :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the engine blows up in his face this will be on the road soon, will be crap seeing him have boost while I am as fast as a one legged cat great to see what figures he gets and if it will be TT or single right off the bat.

burn in hell good luck wa**** Ben. :angry: :thumbs:

You always have a way with words :D

Cheers guys. I'm a little bit excited!

Wow Graham!! :D

Yeah it kinda is a massive jigsaw, but it'll be a virtually brand new engine and I know it'll be right when I turn the key. Hopefully! Lol

Toying with the idea of selling the twins already and getting a T04Z or similar. I only want a streetable car, but one that'll upset Porsches and the like. The idea of the T4 is to make it capable of 650-700bhp but run it at 500-550bhp. Already bought me a sticker for the sun visor reminding me I'm a daddy so I don't kill myself! :D

Nice project, best of luck with it all Ben

I'll be in touch with you, you bling master you, for some pulleys at some stage. Got more important stuff to look for at the mo, but if I've got to buy stuff I might aswell buy the pretty stuff hey!? :D