The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about going back to twin turbos

Cosworthmark02

:D

I'm not trying to patronise cosworthmark02 but I am 99.9% sure that the mkiv came out in to production in 1993 as the first registration started with K.

The mkiii Supra's were produced up until 1992/1993 until the mkiv Supra took over.

i wonder if cosworthmark02 mean will a 2jzGTE vvti fit in a mkiii ? as im on the same understanding of you lol

i wonder if cosworthmark02 mean will a 2jzGTE vvti fit in a mkiii ? as im on the same understanding of you lol

Only cosworthmark02 will know the answer to what he's asking us :D ;)

EDIT: After reading the original first post, yeah I think that's what the chap is asking. I don't know the answer though unfortunately :(

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

Only cosworthmark02 will know the answer to what he's asking us :D ;)

EDIT: After reading the original first post, yeah I think that's what the chap is asking. I don't know the answer though unfortunately :(

yeah thats true.

no either do i.... im sure some one will know though on here....

We're a great help aren't we?! :D

Oh yeah someone will definately know the answer to this chap's question I'm sure :)

i was thinking the same too. Well it is 02:30 so blame it on the tiredness lol.

cosworthmark 02 - just a wonder - maybe search through the site to see if any has ever asked the same question or possible done it them selfs ?

Bought the car with a single conversion already done with poor quality components, having loads of probs with the turbo, wastegate,dump valve etc. etc. so may have to start a single conversion from scratch also struggling to find a decent reasonably priced turbo so exploring the idea of going back to twins but may buy a single still. I'm not really chasing big power (ive done that before).

My car is a K reg must be 1993 though.

Are standard twins really that bad?

Standard twin turbos are great. I went single on my UK spec 6sp, totally stopped enjoying the car. Went back to a stock j-spec and would never go to a single turbo car now.

A badly setup single will be slaughtered by a BPU mkiv, even a good small single would struggle against a BPU running decent boost, cooling and fuel.

If you have £10,000 to throw at a single then you get a car that runs well, but running a car with stock twins on 1.3bar boost will put a smile on your face and give you a car you can jump in to and it starts first time every time.

Bought the car with a single conversion already done with poor quality components, having loads of probs with the turbo, wastegate,dump valve etc. etc. so may have to start a single conversion from scratch also struggling to find a decent reasonably priced turbo so exploring the idea of going back to twins but may buy a single still. I'm not really chasing big power (ive done that before).

My car is a K reg must be 1993 though.

Are standard twins really that bad?

There are lots of decent, reasonably priced turbos put there, if you're not chasing big power then holset hx35s can be had for relative peanuts, good quality used wastegates the same, ditch the dump valve altogether. Seems a lot of work to me to go back to stock twins.