The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel filter, Supra Added Tax?!

hackin_n_bashin

Just been searching around for a new fuel filter' date=' supra ones seem to be around the £33 mark, yet a quick search revealed that the celica st205 fuel filter has the same part number, and can be had from a reputable place for £9! May be ringing up Toyota parts department to find out what the price is for a genuine one![/quote']

I'm sure I paid around the £50 mark for one off Keron - that was for a OEM Toyota fuel filter and housing. Don't quote me on that price though!

Edit - I paid £42.41

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Yep that's the one! It detaches from the fuel filter so I thought there may be separate part no. I paid £42.41 for the fuel fuel filter for my NA, just checked the price.

It's all one part and is under one part number. I paid 26.83 for mine on a UK TT but I would of thought it would be the exact same one for the imports too.

It's all one part and is under one part number. I paid 26.83 for mine on a UK TT but I would of thought it would be the exact same one for the imports too.

If your UK one is the same as mine for my NA below then they must be the same :)

Just to confuse matters further, the box mine came in has part no. 23300-49195. Yet the fuel filter itself, has 23300-46080 :confused:

The more I look, the more models had this filter fitted under different part numbers. Your number of 23300-46080 also appears in the table I posted.

Stuff paying £42 for something that can cost half the price.

I know there's a time for paying full price for the correct things, but can't stand a generic supra tax.

Hackin'n'bashin, Correct since 1986 :D

The more I look, the more models had this filter fitted under different part numbers. Your number of 23300-46080 also appears in the table I posted.

Stuff paying £42 for something that can cost half the price.

I know there's a time for paying full price for the correct things, but can't stand a generic supra tax.

Hackin'n'bashin, Correct since 1986 :D

I don't blame you at all mate, if I had realised there was a feasible option for a quarter of the price I would of had one too! Balls :( lol!

• 1 year later...

Bit of a big bump I know but I'd like an update on this if anyone has any info.

Looking at buying a new fuel filter as part of a service. The OEM part number I have for this is 23300‑49195.

Did anyone find one for under £35-45?

Bit of a big bump I know but I'd like an update on this if anyone has any info.

Looking at buying a new fuel filter as part of a service. The OEM part number I have for this is 23300‑49195.

Did anyone find one for under £35-45?

Yep I paid 26.83 direct from MR T :)

Toyota do this with lots of parts. has anybody ever bought mk3 rear drop links from mr t? £11 vs £56 for mk4 fronts......... when I ordered a pair of each for 2 jobs by chance a few years ago I was handed 4 identical boxes with 4 identical drop links .

Wish I had known that, I've just bought some!