The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra detail pictures required please

j_jza80

Hey guys, I'm wanting to build up some reference material for building my 1:24 Tamiya Supra model.

While the basic shape of the kit is excellent, it's somewhat lacking in detail in many areas, and there are some glaring errors to the Supra enthusiast :)

So, what I'm after pictures of;

- facelift headlights with the lenses removed (could you help here Heckler? :) )

- door cards, and the way they fit against the dash panel when the door is closed

- whole underside of a clean car (Jurgen? :) )

- fuel and brake pipes in detail

- rear quarter cards, and the way they fit against the rear seat and boot trims

- door shut details - there is no option for open doors on the kit, and I'd like to change that :)

There are loads of other things, but I reckon most will be readily available on here, inc:

- Boost, vac and water pipe work in the engine bay

- VVTi specific differences (head and rad pipe are the most obvious)

Cheers :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Me too - just finishing off part buying etc. Now I'm onto paint and clear lacquer. Do you use an airbrush for the paint or a rattle can?

I'll use a rattle can. They're not ideal for a lot of subjects, but should be fine for a car. The paint will require flat ting and polishing anyway :) This way I can just go to Halfords and get them to mix the exact colour for me. I'm thinking white, as metallics look out of scale, and black will hide the detail.

The model also lends itself well to some electronics, so I may well get the headlights and rear lights working :)

i have some pics... you want full shot or partial shots ?

Cheers mate :)

Ideally, I'd like a full shot of the underside of a clean car, but I'd also like some more detailed shots of the brake and fuel lines (at the front and rear of the car, the straight lengths aren't necessary)

As much detail as possible would help, but don't go out of your way mate.

Cheers :)