The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Result on insurance!

Tom

Finally!

Well a few weeks ago I emailed Admiral(my current insurer) and they told me they don't cover imports anymore, well I just phoned them to make sure and apprently they do, and they quoted me an extra £670 for a J-spec TT and £500 for an n/a both being a 1996 model!

These prices were the additonal cost on top of what I had allready paid, I had paid £600 for the mini so thats around £1200 a year! nice one!

Just hope it doesn't fall through!

Tom.

Originally posted by SatSport

I`m with Admiral also, they were the cheapest on my n/a j-spec. Very important you check the detail on your policy when it comes through, they have a habit of getting it wrong.

rgds

Roy

Yep. I had that one, had to send it back 3 times for the mr2. but no probs with the sup.

Originally posted by TDRAPER

...they quoted me an extra £670 for a J-spec TT and £500 for an n/a both being a 1996 model!

These prices were the additonal cost on top of what I had allready paid, I had paid £600 for the mini so thats around £1200 a year! nice one!

TDRaper,

give Norwich Union Direct a try. Got my insurance for my

MKIV N/A for £635 for the year. Tel:0870 5143 177

It might work out cheaper for you. Be careful to check the smallprint,

as i got cought out one year having only paid for 11 months insurance

so I lost out on NCB's because it wasn't a full year!

Gaz

:baa:

Originally posted by Getrag

Tom, whats your details? No claims etc? Because I just called admiral and got a quote of ~£2000 for an import and £1250 for a UK. Were you quoted on a UK i take it?

Norwich Union gave me £1840 for an import. Its shit being under 25 for insurance :(

It was on both j-specs, on the UK they wanted £100 more, its always cheaper though once your allready insured with them though, I've been insured with them since this june so it would obviously would be more had it been 5 months ago!

Details are 21, 3yncb no points/convctions etc and both my parents on the insurance as 2nd/3rd driver, this brings the quote down massivly! just do your normal quote with a parent added and you'll see!