The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone risking using the supra in the snow? photos thread!

spikedjack

As mines a daily, i had to today to get to work.

Only to be sent home....The carpark was Very slidey, main roads not so bad!

Mine is now retired on the drive until its cleared!

Post your snowy pics in here! I know there was another one, but only when a light dusting was about!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance! I'm not bothered about the snow but more the road salt that they layer all over it!

Couple layers of hard wax on the paint, and a huge caking of underseal underneath it'll be fine! They;re there to be driven not mommied :p

Although they arent the best in this weather so home its now going to stay lol!

- - - Updated - - -

You mean you can actually use a supra in the rain and snow???........... i thought they were just sunny day cars, oh well lol.

With a stock bay i guess! I'd probably cry if i got yours wet :lol:

:p I'll be taking mine out since we don't have any snow up here yet! :p

I hope it rains :p (not bitter at all)

On a serious note, on the ungritted roads with a couple inches of snow, snow mode isnt as awful as i've always thought! With the traction off, its unreal how easy they slide, frightening really.

Yeah. I got stuck on a speed bump a few years ago in the snow.

Enough speed to get the front wheels over but not the rears. Couldn't get enough momentous to bump the fronts back over and get a run up and couldn't get enough traction to get the rears over :p

First world RWD problems right there :lol:

I had to use my the year before last for a week or so as I was "between cars". It happened during the worst snow fall I've ever known and then when we had all frozen snow on the ground for a while. The Supra was great. I drove on ice and compacted snow regularly and was going past stranded X5s, and other such Chelsea tractors more often than I thought. ;)

I did have Continental snow tyres on though - 225 up front and 245 on the rear on 17" stock rims :D It drove brilliantly. The tyres made a huge difference - with the eagle F1s fitted it would not move forward on any sort of cambered road. :)

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

That is a nice parking with a 360° turn :D

:D

Used mine this morning to get to work but ended up coming back after an hour or so because I didn't want to get stuck in Guildford. Just as well I left when I did because they hadn't bothered to grit the roads!:no:

Exactly the same here. We've about 3-4 inches now and its still coming down heavy

Used mine this morning to get to work but ended up coming back after an hour or so because I didn't want to get stuck in Guildford. Just as well I left when I did because they hadn't bothered to grit the roads!:no:

I have works Land Rover Discovery today, let me know if you get stuck :D