The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone has driven into my car!

scott87

Came back to the car park today and have found that someone has driven into it. The wing is bent and the bumper has been pulled out and has a crack in it. :(

Thankfully i have a note with a phone number!

Can someone estimate me a repair cost please so i can ask for that amount. The wing can be bent out i would imagine and the bumper is repairable but both will need painting.

Came back to the car park today and have found that someone has driven into it. The wing is bent and the bumper has been pulled out and has a crack in it. :(

Thankfully i have a note with a phone number!

Can someone estimate me a repair cost please so i can ask for that amount. The wing can be bent out i would imagine and the bumper is repairable but both will need painting.

Wing & bumper replacement from Keron, then having it painted, I'd say no more than £500.

I meant a quote to have a wing and bumper sprayed.

In terms of repairing the bits the wing would need bending back out so its easier to just put another one on. The bumper is cracked and been pulled away at the light so im guessing the fastenings have been damaged too. So in reality i guess just replacing the bits would be best. Just concerned about the colour not matching :-/

Pics would help!

Nah, pics are over rated as a means of assessing the damage. From the sounds of it, you would be looking at £400 to 500 depending on the size of the dent. Our Celica got clattered last year and my bodywork guy repaired the wing for £350 and that including spraying most of the front bumper which has existing laquer peel.

You should count yourself lucky he or she left a contact number and didn't just drive off.

Wow ! I'm surprised someone actually had the decency to leave details, every other tossed just drives away.

This, depends on if they were seen. I've had a couple of incidents where a woman clouted a hire car I had parked on a side street and she waited 45 mins for me to return. The other one was were a "well to do" woman in a Range Rover, drove into a car on ASDA and saw me watching. She put a blank note on the windscreen thinking I would be fooled. I checked the note and gave her reg number to guy who's car it was after she'd driven off. Sneaky cow paid up after the guy dobbed her into the Police and named me as a witness.

H.

Any bodyshop people on here feel free to pm me a quote :-)

I can do it for free for you my friend but i live in spain.... the bumper is repairable! what about the wing needs a new paint? i don´t know the prices in Uk but it shuld not be too much,

was were a "well to do" woman in a Range Rover, drove into a car on ASDA and saw me watching. She put a blank note on the windscreen thinking I would be fooled. I checked the note and gave her reg number to guy who's car it was after she'd driven off. Sneaky cow paid up after the guy dobbed her into the Police and named me as a witness.

H.

Ive seen that before, when people are being watched and leave false numbers, notes saying 'Sorry" etc