The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member - i'm looking to buy my first supra twin turbo

Guest TwinT321

Guest TwinT321

Hi everyone, this is my first post, i am looking to buy my first supra twin turbo, i really want a manual car but an auto is fine too, i don't really know what price i should be paying for a standard car, as i've seen the prices seem to be all over the place, difficult to know for example what to pay for a 1994/95 supra twinturbo manual/auto, also is it normal for these cars not to come with much history paperwork?, any advice on what to look out for on these cars and what sort of price to pay would be very much appreciated, and if any one on here is looking to sell there supra twin turbo i would be interested - i am fine with subtle modifications but not too heavily modified....:)

Thanks

Guest TwinT321

What year is the car? and what colour is it? is it manual or auto? what sort of mileage has it done? and what price were you after?. tbh i was after a normal hard top, but could possibly go for an aerotop... cheers

What year is the car? and what colour is it? is it manual or auto? what sort of mileage has it done? and what price were you after?. tbh i was after a normal hard top, but could possibly go for an aerotop... cheers

welcome, there are ways to search for these answers... the search function ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?283459-For-sale-BIG-SINGLE-AEROTOP-MANUAL

Iv got a uk spec twin turbo auto for sale in the sale section. Tonnes of paperwork. £5.5k. 400bhp so only light mods realy.

Be carefull with cars not listed on here. Cars listed here tend to be priced correctly and if not someone will say so.There are plenty of uk specs on piston heads or eBay for twice the price of mine that are probably worse cars. People assume as they are rare they command a much higher price. Which isn't that true.

You tend to get what you pay for. And mileage isn't always a good indicator. My uk had done 160k but is in better condition in some ways than my single with half the mileage.

A good tt car in good condition with good paintwork. I would expect to be about 5k. More for a manual.

A ratty 93 silver one with cloth seats and iffy bodykit can be had for 2.5k if you wait arround.

An na anything from 1500 to 5k for a mint facelift manual with some bling.

Uk specs should come with lots of paperwork. See my sale thread for pictures of mine. Jspecs less as often the Japanese history is lost and you only get the import documents. But it should have receipts for work done in the uk.

Guest TwinT321

Thx, it looks really nice, i mean it looks monstrous, i will hold on for another few days in case a manual car comes on the market, if not, i'll call you to arrange a viewing.... cheers

Thx, it looks really nice, i mean it looks monstrous, i will hold on for another few days in case a manual car comes on the market, if not, i'll call you to arrange a viewing.... cheers

You might want to check with your insurers on that one as it's a converted NA, not necessarily a bad thing at all but the car has no ABS or traction control that are standard on TT's

there is a buyers guide on here and also a link somewhere that explains a chassis plate and what it should have on it for a certain model/colour spec etc........it well worth researching things beforehand and now is good time as supra's seem to be thin on the ground right now.

There was a facelift auto in gunmetal in the for sale section that seems fair value