The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One for the wheel gurus :)

listy

Right then. Quite simple for the gurus out there I think.

Will a 9.5j wheel with a +35 offset fit nicely in the stock rear arches?

The reason I ask, is because this is what my rear wheels are, (i was advised that they were the correct offset and width for stock rear arches) yet I needed spacers to get them into the correct position. (They were well inside the arch without the spacers, they looked lost)

I know now that the rear arches have been rolled, and previously there were 10.5j 19" rims on there, which fitted perfectly (unsure on offset though).

So, what I'm wondering, is how much wider are the arches (if they are) if I need 25mm spacers, to fit a 9.5j, +35 offset wheel correctly?

Or was I just advised wrong on the offsets?

I know Littlers 10j +35 offset wheels fit snug in the stock arches, which would mean I should have only needed 15mm spacers in theory? But 15mm just wouldn't have been enough. :search:

Edit: added BOLDNESS as people seem unable to read past the second line :rolleyes:

Edited by listy (see edit history)

As long as your not on coilovers which are slammed you should be fine mate.

I'm running 9.5J ET30 on stock arches no issue:)

[ATTACH]162963[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]162964[/ATTACH]

It's not Clearance I'm worried about, that's fine. Was simply wondering if due to the roll on the arches, how far it had pushed them out.

What does the **j refer to anyway? Obviously I know it's the width of the wheel, but is there a **j = **mm/inches?

So say if you have coilovers, what offset should one go with?

- - - Updated - - -

So say if you have coilovers, what offset should one go with?

Depends on how low it is really. As josh said, you will only run into problems if its really low.

Depends on how low it is really. As josh said, you will only run into problems if its really low.

Offsets are a simple thing to understand but it really does confuse the hell out of me when trying to decide a wheel size etc!! :(

I want a set of HSD coilover's fitted with maybe 10.5'' at the rear and 9.5'' at the front.

Or 9.5'' at the rear and 8.5'' at the front.

I have no clue what offests to go with and whether I would need spacers?

I've always bought a car with a nice set of wheels already fitted so I've never needed to change.

Ok, can people read the full first post before posting?

I'm trying to find out how far out my arches have been pushed by the roll, or if they are still stock width. That's it.

The only reason I mentioned offsets and widths and spacers size, is those are the only things I can think of that would help with the maths.

I know that you can fit wider wheels on with the correct offset.

I know my wheels fit (funnily enough, they are on the car ;))

All I'm looking for is a simple "your arches are still stock width" or "they are around **mm wider than stock".

Simples ;)

Offsets are a simple thing to understand but it really does confuse the hell out of me when trying to decide a wheel size etc!! :(

I want a set of HSD coilover's fitted with maybe 10.5'' at the rear and 9.5'' at the front.

Or 9.5'' at the rear and 8.5'' at the front.

I have no clue what offests to go with and whether I would need spacers?

I've always bought a car with a nice set of wheels already fitted so I've never needed to change.

10j +35 offset 18" fit stock rear arches ;)

Ok, can people read the full first post before posting?

I'm trying to find out how far out my arches have been pushed by the roll, or if they are still stock width. That's it.

The only reason I mentioned offsets and widths and spacers size, is those are the only things I can think of that would help with the maths.

I know that you can fit wider wheels on with the correct offset.

I know my wheels fit (funnily enough, they are on the car ;))

All I'm looking for is a simple "your arches are still stock width" or "they are around **mm wider than stock".

Simples ;)

Sorry to have hijacked your thread a bit Listy...

10j +35 offset 18" fit stock rear arches ;)

Ok, thanks mate :)

I'm running 9.5 ET35 on the rear. With bend in borders, no need to roll the stock arches. It will be fine.

Again, I'm not wondering if they will fit :rolleyes:

The arches were rolled previously to fit 19" 10.5j wheels (unknown offset)

Whether they will fit or not is not the question.

My point is, I needed 25mm spacers to make them fill the arches.

Are my arches wider than stock due to the roll, or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to see I'm being used as a point of reference :D

:thumbs:

rite, an 18 wheel thats 9.5j with a275/35/18 and +35 should sit rite in the arch. thats how i ran on stock arches and the arch would sit5mmish further out than the wheel , how much further from the face of ther wheel does the arch sit? if they look lost id say it been streached alot

255 is too narrow for a 9.5 on the rear imho, id say if ive read that rite your arch has been streached 15-20mm then

So the rear is wider than stock then. That's what I wanted to know, cheers Craig. Should of just text you lol

Hopefully someone else can confirm this. (Waiting for Dr Dnk's input too lol)