The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Child Seat Recommendations Please...

Abz

After spending some time going through some old threads I thought I'd create a new one for this.

Seeing as we have a few members expecting soon, thought this would come in handy.

Please can you put in recommendations for child seats which can go into the Supra.

Thanking you.... :)

That is the exact one my wife showed me from exactly the same website!! I like the look of it, will match my seats!! :D

Question is, will it fit.

I have the same Recaro design but from a few years back and it fits fine on both front and back Supra seats and Celica seats. That pic looks like it has the isofix base though.

• 2 months later...
Abz what did you buy ?

Just brought another car instead :D

I'll revisit this again in a few months time dude so then I can buy a front facing one, I'll be visiting a large mother care store & halfords soon and update this thread. :)

I have two children now, a four year old and a three month old. I can get the Maxi Cosi baby seat on the back seat and the bigger Recaro one onto the passenger seat leaving me drive in a comfortable position. Much to my frustration I can't get both child seats into the back and have enough room up front to still be able to drive the car. (We have a family car already, but I want to drive my Supra more often). I'm thinking of promoting my four year old to a booster seat in the hope she can sit in the seat behind me.

Was looking for something like this, the BubbleBum! An inflatable travel booster seat that I intend on testing sometime to see if it fits snug and secure into the rear seat. Unless someone has already tried it and would save me a trip to Halfords if it's no good?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_815803_langId_-1_categoryId_261857

http://www.safetots.co.uk/images/products/expanded/BubbleBum%20Inflatable%20Booster%20Seat.jpg

• 5 months later...

Bad news I am afraid :(

Went to Kiddiecare yesterday and in short couldn't find a seat which could fit. Well when I say fit it seems they sit in the back seat fine but don't adjust as they should with the seat buckle. The young lady who tried them wasn't too sure so called the 'expert' who said that if the Maxi Cosi don't fit then no others will, followed by we can try every single seat in the store but I am sure you wouldn't have time. He basically said that the seat buckle needed to be a few inches further back and they needed to be anchored without the extend-able bit.

Now they didn't seem that helpful and didn't have any suggestions what so ever so I am reluctant to give up, because if I do I'll have to sell the car.

I am going to try Halfords and then Mothercare next weekend and see if I get anywhere further with them.

Any of you chaps who have car seats in the rear of the Supra live close to London for me to come and have a look?

Try Babys'R'Us, thats where I got mine. The seat belt goes through the seat, and I pull it as tight as possible, and make sure the belt locks without the seat moving forward. It pulls right into the back seat, and doesn't budge an inch.

Hey Listy, sounds good! Which seat is it that you went for? I'll have to find a branch close to me and try that next weekend, didn't even know they existed so thanks :)

Maxi Cosi Tobi. I've just had the whole family out in my car. The Mrs was a little bit squished for leg room, but my 5 week old in his Maxi Cosi Pebble fitted in the back without too much fuss.

[ATTACH]175309[/ATTACH]

Good man!! :D

Though I am after a forward facing seat, any you can recommend for the Supra?

Hey Listy, sounds good! Which seat is it that you went for? I'll have to find a branch close to me and try that next weekend, didn't even know they existed so thanks :)

I couldn't tell you I'm afraid, the label isn't there anymore. I got it nearly 4 years ago now, so they may not make it anymore. But it's a universal 2-12year old seat.